Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steven Williams, here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven Williams, here

Hello fellow BBQ'ers! My name is Steven Williams. I'm from south Louisiana, and I decided to get into bbq'ing roughly 5 years ago after a horrible first attempt at grilling hamburgers. Discovered AmazingRibs that very same night after googling "How to BBQ". Been hooked ever since! Pleased to meet you all!

Welcome, unfortunately I screwed up a lot more than that before finding this site. Sorry to all the cows and pigs that died in vain.

Comment

Welcome SteveFromLafayette

Comment

Welcome to The Pit SteveFromLafayette! Great havign you here! Your story is a very familiar one. My first attempt at ribs met the same results and successive sequence of events about 10 years ago. No Pitmaster Club back then of course, but thankfully Meathead had just started his site with the very recipe I needed!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard SteveFromLafayette . The good news is there's still time to redeem yourself and you came to the right place. Good luck, good eats and have fun!!!

Comment

Welcome SteveFromLafayette! I'm still capable of messing up, but it doesn't happen nearly as often and when it does, the food is still awesome.

Comment

SteveFromLafayette welcome to the fun in the Pit! I, too, live in South Louisiana across Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans, but most of the time the LA abbrivation is mistaken for Los Angeles. What are you cooking on? I cook on a Big Green Egg at home, and when visiting my son in Dallas I cook on his 26" Weber Kettle.

Comment

• SteveFromLafayette
                SteveFromLafayette commented
                Editing a comment
                Bonjour my friend! I started out with a tiny Weber 14 inch using charcoal. I quickly outgrew it and purchased a 18.5 inch model.

I spent a lot of time researching Backwoods and Stumps vertical cabinets before I figured out that stickburners were what I actually wanted.

I couldn't afford a Lang or a Jambo, so I settled on the Old Country Wrangler. Bought it last May, been loving it so far. It does have some hotspots close to the firebox, but I'm looking into installing a tuning plate. Great pit for my budget!

I use my grill for steaks now and my stickburner for ribs/brisket/pork butts.

Couldn't be happier!

• LA Pork Butt
                LA Pork Butt commented
                Editing a comment
                SteveFromLafayette grill and smoke on, brother. Sounds like great cookers. I am trying to do everything on my BGE, but some things are easier than others. My goal is to be able to cook complete meals on the BGE.

Welcome to The Pit, SteveFromLafayette, You Boys and Girls from South Loisianna don't be picking on us poor old country folk now! Here?
              Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here