Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Colorado

New member, but a follower of Amazing Ribs for a couple of years. I've always been interested in cooking with fire in the outdoors since I was 11 or 12 as a Boy Scout. I've had countless grills, hibachis, smokers and have finally settled on a chuckwagon equipped a 22" weber, a custom built gas grill with three 30,000 btu burners (we live at 8100 feet above sea level), propane water smoker and my latest, a Pit Barrel Cooker.

I've attached a few photos of my chuckwagon. I grew up watching Roy Rogers, the Lone Ranger and the Wild West and since we live in Colorado and have a western themed house I thought a chuckwagon would be perfect. Looking forward to "the Pit"

I'm a woodworker, foodie, metalworker, ex high school teacher and like guns, computers, shooting, barbecuing, smoking and wine... although not necessarily all at the same time.

Welcome davidnelson

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I, too, grew up watching The Lone Ranger, Roy Rogers, Wild Bill Hicock, The Cisco Kid, and the list goes on... I've cooked on m any different cookers over the, but have settled in on learning to cook everything in every way on a large Big Green Egg. In the Pit there is lots of help. If you can't find it in the Forum, just make your request and folks will share what they have learned.

Comment

Welcome davidnelson. That a beautiful setup and the view ain't bad either!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit davidnelson! Glad to have you here, and thanks for the support. That is one COOL setup! Thanks so much for sharing pictures, I bet you're proud of that!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

davidnelson, Does the Chuck Wagon mean You are one of the Horse People? My wife's oldest brother and his wife live in the Longmont area and are Horse People! Welcome to the Pit! 👍👍🐷👍👍 Eat Well and Prosper, From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome aboard to a fellow PBCer! Make sure to navigate your way to the PBC sub forum located under the Charcoal forum.
              I've tried twice to post the link to the PBC subforum, but the link is being truncated to just the amazingribs home page.. Grrr.

Comment

davidnelson - welcome to The Pit! Wow, so many points of contact between us. I'm 61 and remember every show you mentioned. I can still catch Gunsmoke, the Ponderosa Cartwright gang on TV, and let's not forget The Rifleman! I too was a Scout and loved every minute of it. I lived in Colorado Springs for about 12 years some time back. When I return now I'm amazed at how big it has gotten.

I love chuck wagon cooking. We have a big show here in OKC every year hosted by the Cowboy Hall of Fame and Western Heritage Center. Those guys cook up a storm and put out some amazing food. Lots of fun to go see.

Welcome ! I look forward to seeing your cooks!

Comment

Fantastic setup and looks like a stunning place to cook a feed and have a drink or two.

Comment

Thanks to all for the welcome.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. That is one awesome setup, and a spectacular view!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit davidnelson . Glad you're here. Love your CW set up!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here