Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy From Dallas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy From Dallas!

Hello everyone! I'm Diane and I live in Dallas. I love to cook outdoors and have always owned a grill. About a year and a half ago, I decided to get a smoker and found this amazingribs website! I had had a Bradley electric smoker which died after just a few months (the digital box stopped working) so I wanted to upgrade. I'd seen the Traeger smokers at the mall, and wondered if they were any good. After research and finding amazingribs, I instead purchased a Yoder YS640 which I am IN LOVE with. I use it (almost) every weekend and my poor propane grill just sits there lonely and sad. Every now and then, I fire it up just to make sure it still works.

I'm not sure if there are a lot of other females on this site, so be nice to me :-). I love to learn new tricks and techniques from all you more experienced folks out there. Looking forward to learning from and meeting all of you!

Cheers!
    Diane

Welcome dmorgan

Comment

There are some other females who share what they have learned. Welcome t o the Pit! My wife and I are moving to Dallas next year to be near grandkids. I cook on a Big Green Egg, although the I cooked on Webers and other grills over the years.

Comment

Diane - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction! That Yoder is a really fine pellet pooper.

Comment

Kudos on that Yoder!!!

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!

Comment

dmorgan, As an old Country Boy, the More of you Gals the Better! Welcome To The Pit! 👍👍🐷👍👍. Eat Well and Prosper, From Fargo ND. Dan

Comment

Diane - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Congrats on that Yoder. It's a wonderful pellet pooper! Very well made and durable.

Comment

Hi Diane, I'm not a female but I'm a Morgan. I don't know if that makes you feel more welcome or less!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Diane. Greetings from the other side of the Metroplex!

Comment

Hello dmorgan , Are You making anything special for the big game on Sunday when the Cowboys travel to Green Bay?

Comment

I'm sure I'll have something on the Yoder. I have a pork butt in the freezer that I'll probably take out to make some pulled pork sandwiches. Hope they win!!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit dmorgan! Glad to have the ladies here. All these ol' boys here just aren't enough to keep David Parrish in line, try as we may. Nice to see a fellow Yoder owner here as well, although mine's not a pellet unit.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• David Parrish
                          David Parrish commented
                          Editing a comment
                          What did I do now? Sheesh!

Welcome dmorgan! We're glad you're here. Not sure how glad we are that Huskee is here, but there's no getting rid of him.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here