Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokin' it up from Peoria, AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokin' it up from Peoria, AZ

Greetings Pitmasters!!! I was introduced to smoking up meat over 17 years ago. I had just lugged a brand new Charbroil Big Easy Grill to from Phoenix, AZ to West Cobb County, GA. A few months later, my father came to visit for Christmas. He had only one thing on his mind he wanted to do while visiting Atlanta -- drive to Tucker, GA and eat a few smoked wings at BGE's corporate show room. I was hooked.

Who knew there was such a difference between propane gas and lump charcoal. I thought that was a flavor only found on campouts. That next Father's Day, the local pool store was happy to sell us three large BGE's. One each for my Dad, myself and my brother. A few weeks later my neighbor came over, ate a burger and went to the same pool store and bought his own BGE. We never touched our Charbroil again, except as an easy place to put my grid when filling up the Egg with lump charcoal.

Now, we're back in Arizona. Our backyard has enough room to pair up another smoker with my BGE. I have had my eye on getting a larger grid, which has me going with either a rectangular offset smoker, or a larger kamado.

While I am just a backyard amateur, I am looking forward to getting to know y'all, and learning how to take my BBQ skills to the next level.

~Bryan

P.S. Shout out to my brother-in-law, Andy, who pointed me to Meathead's Amazing Ribs site, last month.
    Last edited by Burwix; July 3, 2022, 02:02 PM.

Welcome from a fellow club member in the valley. In kennesaw right now visiting my sisters family heading back to the heat midweek.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Bryan, we’re glad to have ya. Lots of great people here…. Just curious, what’s Andy’s screen name here in The Pit?

Comment

Howdy from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from Fort Worth.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Enjoy the AZ heat
                Hello from NW Oregon

Comment

Welcome From Phoenix

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas! I have been cooking on a BGE for over 10 years.

Comment

Welcome from Iowa. A Kamado is one of the cookers I don't have. 4 new cookers in the last couple of months is enough.

Comment

• Soonerpop
                        Soonerpop commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What? Enough? I hardly think so.

• Bogy
                        Bogy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Soonerpop I'm up to 8 cookers, 4 of them bought in the last 2 months. How many do you have? Inspire me!

• Soonerpop
                        Soonerpop commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Bogy I have 5 I use regularly and a Freedom Grill gasser I don’t since we don’t tailgate anymore. But I’m resigned to the fact that there will always be a "next".
                        Last edited by Soonerpop; July 8, 2022, 07:36 PM.

Welcome from Nebraska!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado …

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here