Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Las Vegas - Now ready to learn (and hopefully help at some point)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Las Vegas - Now ready to learn (and hopefully help at some point)

Have had a large BGE for about a decade (bot on a rec from a business contact after my gasser died again - only used the gasser for quick steaks, burgers, chicken breasts, etc.). I really did not have any knowledge of cooking and with my family and career each growing did not take the time to learn (very busy job plus a few other hobbies like golf and later poker took precedence). I discovered this site a couple years ago and it has been a HUGE benefit as I have gotten more versatile with my egg (moving from just grilling to whole chickens on ceramic (NOT beer cans - thanks Meathead!) as well as smoking pork butts, ribs, and holiday turkeys).

Now, however, I have undertaken a big lifestyle change - moved across the country to Las Vegas, reduced my role at my firm to only 40-45 hours a week (mostly weekday evenings and NO TRAVEL) and now have time and interest to really get into using what seems like a great tool to its fullest. I look forward to becoming an active site member.

Welcome mug15

Comment

Welcome to The Pit mug15! We look forward to having you here, and thanks for joining up. Good job on setting up your signature!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Poker before you went to Vegas, interesting.

Thanks for the support, greatly appreciated.

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit! I have a BGE, too. We are here to cheer you on.

Comment

Welcome! Which Las Vegas is this one!

Comment

Great news on the better gig! Glad your here!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here