Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hello, I have been asked to introduce my self. I am a 46 year old married man from just outside Vancouver Canada. We live on a 5 acre farm that we bought 3 years ago and run as a hobby. We grow all of our own food including beef chicken and veggies. You simply can not beat knowing what goes into the meat that you eat! My wife would like to add Berkshire pigs to the mix next year. We will see. I do not want to go to fast. I have been grilling for my whole life but a trip to Lockhart Texas 2 years ago changed my outlook on cooking. I am sorry Meathead but I use to boil ribs. All that has changed. A year ago I bought a Browning Kamoto smoker and started playing. A month ago I upgraded to a Primo XL Oval(better low temp control). My Brisket I am happy with and my ribs are getting close. We look forward to helpful tips and comments from the Pitmasters club
    Last edited by m.mayo; November 27, 2015, 08:15 PM.

Welcome!! My wife was a Mayo. And I much prefer Mayo over Miracle Whip.

Thanks for the support it is greatly appreciated.

We have a seminar video on those types of smokers.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit m.mayo! Glad to have you here. You have a nice lineup of gear too, and good job setting up your signature already! Whereabouts is your "great white north"?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• m.mayo
        m.mayo commented
        Editing a comment
        Just outside of Vancouver in a town called Langley. We have a 5 acre farm and grow our own Chickens and Beef. We are thinking of adding Berkshire pigs next year. There is nothing better than knowing your meat and what went in it!

Mr Mayo I'm going to merge your two intro posts, ok? Then we can keep the greetings all in one spot. Glad to have you here!

m.mayo Something happened during the merge...can you please edit the top post and include what you originally said? Darn internet gremlins...
      Last edited by Huskee; November 27, 2015, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• m.mayo
        m.mayo commented
        Editing a comment
        I could not remember remember exactly what I said but I think I got it close

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you m.mayo! Apologies for the trouble with that, that was a new thing I haven't seen before.

Welcome m.mayo

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit! I've eaten in Lockhart at all three of the top BBQ places - Smitty's, Black's and Kruetz, and they are at the top of my list. I rate the sausage at Black's number 1 and the beef clod at Smitty's number 1. My regret is that few BBQ joints do beef clod. The only places seem to be in central Texas.

Comment

Welcome m.mayo I am sure you will get a lot of good info on here. I just wish I had access to the fresh meat that you have!

Comment

m.mayo, Welcome to The Pit! From Fargo ND that is some Beautiful Country where you live! 👍🐂🐷🐂👍. Eat Well and Prosper! Dan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit m.mayo. Glad to have you aboard!

Comment

Welcome m.mayo, Is the climate pretty extreme where You are?

Comment

• m.mayo
                  m.mayo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well we do things to n metric up here, so it may seem colder than it is😀. It is -1c right now and I am doing up some short ribs for dinner. The ceramic BBQ sure helps! That being said we don't really get winter like the rest of Canada😀

Hello from Calgary, great to have more Western Canadians in The Pit.

Comment

• m.mayo
                  m.mayo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cool to see another BBQ junky from Wester Canada! How do you deal with the need to cook in sub zero temps? I am loving my ceramic cooker. It seems to be the only BBQ let will allow my love of out door cooking to continue into the cold months😀

• bbqoaf
                  bbqoaf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I get by with my kettle, charcoal consumption increases dramatically when it's -20, but it can still be done. I don't Q as often during winter, so when I do I do big batches and freeze the leftovers.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here