Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Baltimore, MD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Baltimore, MD!

Ever since stumbling on your website for the first time, I have been in grilling heaven! I have learned so much from you guys, and the knowledge I have gained is worth many times the Pitmaster club membership cost! I was a gas grill man for years, until a friend who was moving gave me an old Weber kettle of his. Now I use my kettle almost all the time. I do my steaks EXCLUSIVELY on the Weber, using the reverse sear. My older kids will change their dinner plans and come home for dinner if Dad announces it's steak night! After all my reading on this site, I also purchased a chef alarm, and a Thermoworks RT600C. Right now, I just do the pile of charcoal to one side, with an aluminum loaf pan filled with water for my "buffer" and air moisturizer. My Slow and Sear will soon be on the way, though! Thanks again for all your hard work. I learn something new every time I visit amazing ribs.

Welcome Thunder77

Comment

Thunder77, Welcome to The Pit, from Fargo ND! I believe you will enjoy your S 'n S, I know I do! Eat Well and Prosper! 👍👍🦃👍👍. Dan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I lived in Catonsville for a year in the 70s.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Thunder77! Glad you joined up with us. You're going to love the Slow 'N Sear! I used to use the coals to the side, loaf pan of water, fire bricks, etc. It all works, and works well. But now that there's a device that has it all incorporated there's simply no comparison. It's kind of like comparing a push mower to a riding mower- both get the job done in the end, but one is so much easier on the user!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Thunder77
            Thunder77 commented
            Editing a comment
            I did my homework, even though it's a holiday weekend!

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Extra bonus points for you! Thunder77

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction from OKC!

Comment

• Thunder77
            Thunder77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi CeramicChef! I have spent a lot of time in Oklahoma. We have a postal training center in Norman. I have had my share of days prowling Bricktown!

• CeramicChef
            CeramicChef commented
            Editing a comment
            That Postal Training Center is a big deal!

Next time you're in town, pm me and I'll stand you to a beer in Bricktown. There's no shortage of joints down there!

Welcome Thunder77! We're glad you're here. And thanks for your purchase of the Slow 'N Sear. You're going to love it!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, I am sure you are going to enjoy your time here like the rest of us addicts.

Comment

Welcome from York, PA - straight up I-83 from you. I work in Hunt Valley, enjoy the great weather we've been having!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here