Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Schertz, Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Schertz, Texas

I have lived in the San Antonio area all my life. I have raise 3 kids on some pretty bad barbeque, About 3 months ago I discovered the Pit Barrel Cooker and I have a new hobby! I stumbled on the AmazingRibs.com after searching for other PBC enthusiast.What I found was the new world of barbeque and cooking. I have read and re-read Meatheads articles many times.

Anyway I joined the Pitmaster Club a couple of weeks ago and it is so much fun reading the advise from the experienced ones. I am glad I did.

Now that my kids are all grown I have been looking for an activity to bring the husbands and daughters together for more than the holidays. We have started a barbeque team called "Texas Q Step". Now every 3 months or so we find a barbeque cook off to hang out for a weekend, drink Shiner beer and fire up the PBC. I have already used Meatheads rubs and sauces - my kids now think I'm a genius!

Thanks !

Great intro jecu

WELCOME!

Comment

Welcome jecucolo

Comment

Have a bunch of fun

Comment

Welcome to the fun filled Pit!

Comment

jecucolo, Welcome to The Pit! Eat Well and Prosper! 👍👍🦃👍👍. Happy Black Friday from Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit jecucolo! Glad to have you here. Sounds like some quality family time, hope your team does well!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!
              Last edited by Huskee; November 28, 2015, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction!

Comment

That's awesome jecucolo ! What a fun way to bond with family. Drinking cold beer and cooking on the PBC is hard to beat, but sharing it with loved ones is even better! Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome jecucolo , is Shriner Beer pretty much local? Would be nice to be in Texas and visit the BBQ places Aaron Franklin features on his show. The one in Lexington looked especially good!

Comment

Shiner beer can be bought pretty much anywhere in Texas.
                      It is brewed in a small town named Shiner. It is about 90 miles east of San Antonio.

Comment

• SaturdayShoppe
                        SaturdayShoppe commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks! I know some folks who travel to San Antonio to train at the medical center. I am going to recommend it and see if they can pick me up some.

We toured the Lone Star Brewery in 1990. I take that back, it was shut down due to a drought. Buck Horn Hall of Horns was neat, and the Root Beer was gooooood.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here