Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Rapid City, SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Rapid City, SD

Hey guys and gals, I'm Travis Adams. Been using this site for over a year and have watched my smoking game and all around knowledge increase significantly. What's better than to join up with some of the best Pitmasters out there! A little history I guess, just trying to follow the format:

I grew up in Houston, TX... Hunting, Football, grilling and flying were my life. I ended up going to college in Colorado Springs, CO. I then shipped off to pilot training for the USAF in Columbus, MS. It's there that I started trying my hand at BBQ. So many influences around that area and I wanted to get my hands on it all. They did pork there like I've never had before. After a couple of BBQ festivals, I was hooked with the science and skill that these pit masters had. After 2 years there I ended up getting selected to fly B-1Bs and shipped off back to Texas; this time north Texas. It was great to get some cheap beef again. After Initial training there I shipped off to Rapid City, where I am now.

I'm known in the squadron for my BBQ knowledge and skill, all of which I obtained from you guys. I currently have a 22.5" WSM and just ordered the DigiQ and gasket kits (The winter has kicked in). I've gotten ribs down, always room to improve though. My goal is Brisket (Of course, Texas-boy right?). I've done some great briskets and some not so great ones, haha. Haven't we all? But there is nothing like being able to kick back with some buds and smoke huge amounts of food, it's my zen. Glad to be part of this group now and can't wait to share with you guys my successes and learning experiences.

-T
    Last edited by TKAdamsUSAFA; November 24, 2015, 08:52 PM.

Welcome TKAdamsUSAFA

Comment

TKAdamsUSAFA, Welcome to The Pit! Eat Well and Prosper! 👍👍🦃👍👍. Happy Thanksgiving! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! With winter setting in does this mean we won't hear from you again until spring?

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Addiction.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit TKAdamsUSAFA! Great to have you here, glad you're able to share your skills and make good BBQ wherever you end up!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here