Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking from Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooking from Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Hi everyone,

Glad to be here and really excited about the Pitmaster Club. I've been reading this site for years and I'm glad to be able to give something back by purchasing a membership. Looking forward to the new content too!

I started barbecuing on a gas grill and bought my first smoker which was basically a box that sat on my gas grill's sideburner. It wasn't long before I realized that the temperature control was terrible and results varied widely.

In 2011 I entered the world of charcoal grilling by buying a Weber Smokey Joe. I enjoyed both the challenge and the great results of grilling over charcoal. That same summer, I discovered AmazingRibs.com.

In 2012, I acquired an 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain and it's been my go-to barbecue ever since.

Click image for larger version

Name:	457655_10150899309716361_2131448184_o.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	12175

I've mainly cooked ribs, pork butt, brisket, chicken, turkey and salmon. My best results have been with baby back ribs and the Last Meal Ribs is the recipe I've come closest to perfecting.

In August 2013 I cooked my best brisket ever:

Name:	IMG_1249.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	12178

Since then I've been struggling to repeat that success.

I'm a gadget geek who works a day job as a iOS and Mac software developer so needless to say, I love barbecue-related gadgets too. I use a Mavericks ET-732 and a Thermoworks Thermapen based on this site's recommendation and they've both been invaluable.

Oh, and I'm from Canada which means I enjoy a 12-month barbecue season. Nothing like smoking a big hunk of meat in the snow!

Next up for me… will be cooking some baby backs with cole slaw and cornbread for Labour Day weekend (yes, there's a "u" in there). Will let you all know how it goes!

Attached Files

Welcome and thanks for the support. Nice "colour" (the "u" is for you ) on that brisket bark.

Comment

Hey there HB. Welcome.

Comment

Hi and welcome from sunny California were I also grill, smoke all year long and yes sometimes it gets terribly cold here in the central valley one day I had to put a sweater enjoy the site and the people

Comment

Welcome to The Pit HungryBear! Excellent first post! When you have a moment, check out my Welcome letter and tips topics, which will help you complete your signature (Tip#1). They're here and here.

After that we'd like to know more about you. Head over to the General Discussion channel and dive into the mix... Post your latest cook in the Recipes and Techniques channel(with pics!).... Tell us about your latest restaurant BBQ experience.... make yourself at home!

BTW, that brisket...

Name:	PBA.png
Views:	112
Size:	247.6 KB
ID:	12656

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here