Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't believe it took me this long to join...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't believe it took me this long to join...

Hello all,

I've been using this site for several years and started feeling a bit guilty getting all this knowledge for free! Can't wait to see what I learn from the Pit...Plus a chance to win some awesome stuff = no brainer.

I've been using the weber kettle with with a smokenator for a year or so with great results, ribs, turkey ect. Just bought a Kamado Joe in time for thanksgiving. Doing a test run tomorrow for the kids girls scout troop. My wife laughs at my giddiness, but I know everyone here understands.

On a side note I recommend this website at least once a week to someone...

Thanks for the support and good words to others!!!

I was drooling over a Kamado at Academy while working out of town this week. Man that thing was purddy.

Comment

Welcome mccalljv

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I understand your giddiness, since I have a Big Green Egg. Have fun.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit mccalljv ...

Welcome to the ceramic world.😎

They are great for bread and pizza too.👍

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            ""They are great for bread""

how the heck would you know????

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            Just guessing...🤔

• mccalljv
            mccalljv commented
            Editing a comment
            Had it four days, cooked on it three nights, almost lost my eyebrows, looking forward to the bread a pizza.

mccalljv, Welcome to The Pit, You are in the right place now, Just Remember To Wear Your Tall Boots when You Log On! It sometimes gets a bit deep arround here? 👍👍😇👍👍. Dan

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

@mccalljv, welcome!

Comment

Welome to the PIT!!! We are happy you finally jumped in.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit - you are going to love your Kamado Joe. I've had mine for 3-4 years now and its one of the best investments I've ever made. So versatile.

I have to make a confession though... I will be doing my turkey in the convection oven this year. I don't really care for smoked turkey and I really love the way a bird in the oven makes the house smell. It just reminds me of being at my parent's house at the holidays. I have done 2-3 whole turkeys on the KJ and many breasts. They do turn out nice.
                  I may make some smoked mac and cheese on the KJ as a side so it doesn't feel left out.

Jim

Comment

Hello! Keep us updated with pics on how the turkey is going. Are you going to prep it like Meathead"s turkey video? I made the pit my home page!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit mccalljv . Glad you joined us!

Comment

Belated welcome to The Pit mccalljv! Glad to have you here, and nice job on your signature! How'd your test cook go?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard Amazing Ribs!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit mccalljv! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here