Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Poway, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from Fort Worth! Based on your photos, the brisket will be great.

Comment

Howdy from The Great State of Jefferson!!

Comment

Welcome from north Texas. You’ll be fine after you get this first one under your belt. I’m in the camp of not separating the point until after it’s cooked. I’m also for 275° rather than 225° To cut the cooking time. Good luck, let us know.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
            Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Seattle Wa! I have no experience with pellet cookers but did recently cook a brisket with great success because of the helpful advice I received here. I had a 17lb packer than came down to 11lb after trimming. I cooked it for 11 hours with temps around 275 to give you a sense of timing. The most important thing is to relax and enjoy the process. It will be great and even if it isn't perfect everyone will rave about it because they want to be invited back for the time you kill it. Check out this guide for brisket info that ecowper put together. Save your fat to render in your smoker while you cook the brisket!! Be aggressive with trimming it so folks aren't cutting off the bark to get around fat or other stuff. And good luck!!! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Comment

Welcome aboard! You’ve got some great advice, for sure. Can’t wait to see how that first brisket cook goes.

Comment

Welcome from about an hour up the 15 from you! I’m a smoker and homebrewer too. It’s hard not to be into craft beer in Southern California with all the amazing breweries we have!

Brisket was the most intimidating cut for me, and I’d been smoking for several years before I attempted one. But my fears were for naught…it came out great. I’ve always done Prime packers from Costco. Having good quality beef def makes a different in the ease of turning out a good finished product.

Comment

Welcome fr Cincy Ohio! Amen on prime full packers at Costco. Recently $3.99 lb

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

Well I finished my first Brisket and would love to share how it went with photos. I'm new here should I post that in the "Show Us What You're Cooking" area?

Comment

• RichieB
                          RichieB commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes

Hello and welcome

Comment

Welcome aboard from another denizen of SoCal.
                          I don’t have a pellet cooker, so I’m of absolutely no use in that regard.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here