Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Everyone, from Arkansas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone, from Arkansas!

Hey folks! Spring has sprung, and I’m about ready to start cooking something good outdoors! I’ve decided to quit messing around and do this stuff right, so following the example of a good friend, started with ThermoWorks. I got my order yesterday, which included a Thermapen One, a Smoke X4, a Billows fan, a Spot thermometer for the ‘fridge (and anywhere else,) and amongst a few other choice items, a copy of "Meathead," which, of course, led me here. I’m currently shopping for a vertical charcoal smoker and have it narrowed down to the Webers and the Pit Barrels.
    I’ll confess, I’ve been cooking meat for years without really knowing what I was doing. It was usually edible, and sometimes really good, but lacked any consistency. I didn’t have a good probe thermometer, my horizontal offset smoker wasn’t the worst one out there but still leaked quite a bit and was hard to control, and I was basically ignorant about many of the basics of smoking, though I was well-versed in the myths. Busted! (I was up ‘till nearly 3:00 this morning reading "Meathead.")
    Much of the meat we eat around here is venison, which I have a freezer full of, boneless and vacuum sealed, of course, but I’m really looking forward to making some pork ribs (my favorite!) and butts, and will probably try a brisket and of course lots of chicken and the occasional turkey.
    I can tell that there’s much to learn here, and it sure looks like a friendly place to learn it! I look forward to getting to know y’all, and maybe I’ll have something to contribute too. I do know a bit about the hardware that helps put the meat on the ground; I’m a professional gunsmith.

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Doug.

I know the feeling - the older I get, the more I leak, and the harder I am to control.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Doug! We’re glad to have ya with us. This is a fun place to hang out with lots of knowledgeable folks. In case you didn’t know, we’ve got lots of equipment and smoker reviews here from our own Max Good and others. It’ll be a great place to start looking for that new charcoal smoker.

https://amazingribs.com/grill-and-sm...harcoal%2Clogs

I’d recommend starting your search here. OJB..OJB…OJB
        👇👇👇

https://amazingribs.com/grill-smoker...smoker-review/
        Last edited by Panhead John; May 3, 2022, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          See the hawk had a punt but nothing from you? 😇

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Just hold on there partner, I ain’t done yet…

• MsTwiggy
          MsTwiggy commented
          Editing a comment
          Incredible!! I knew ol' PJ wouldn't miss an opportunity to plug for the Bronco. . . Fortunately Max's reviews are impartial

Welcome from Seattle, WA! You're gonna love it here. 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Welcome to the Pit! The Weber kettle (with a Slo n Sear) and a PBC are a great combination!

Comment

Greetings from South Africa.

Comment

Welcome from Wilson County,Texas! We’re all fellow learners here.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Doug ...

Comment

Hello from NW Oregon

Comment

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from southwest Florida.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome fr Cincy Ohio! I will 2nd a Weber 22 with slow n sear n PBC. All you need.
                          Optional pizza oven w/rotisserie n stone, nice!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here