Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G'day from Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G'day from Australia

Hi,

I'm from Australia and have just started getting into BBQ well your version the aussie version of BBQ is fast direct heat.
    I'm now trying low and slow.

Cheers Nik

Hey Nik. Welcome and thanks for the support. How is the beef business in Australia??

Comment

Thanks, Going pretty well at the moment. It is a bit difficult to find the same cuts that US has as low and slow BBQ isn't massive here yet but there are now a few cooking comps and people like me are getting interested and keen to learn.

Comment

That's good to hear. I guess putting some shrimp on the barbie does not require low and slow.

Comment

Hello,

Another Aussie BBQer here. Yeah some of the cuts can be a bit tricky to find.

I printed out pics / diagrams of the brisket from the site and take them to my butcher and he can usually provide if he's got a cow in the back.

Haven't found Pork Butt here but Scotch works well.

Costco have something called Pork Collar Butt (Scotch) that also works well. Not too sure what it is. I asked Meathead once and he seemed to think maybe it was the money muscle but seems to big for that.

Comment

Hey Nik... WELCOME!

Comment

welcome and have fun we ALL are here to learn and help

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Nik and Winky (Sounds like a comedy duo)! When you have a moment, check out my Welcome letter and tips topics, which will help you complete your signature (Tip#1). They're here and here.

After that we'd like to know more about you. Head over to the General Discussion channel and dive into the mix... Post your latest cook in the Recipes and Techniques channel(with pics!).... Tell us about your latest restaurant BBQ experience.... make yourself at home!

Comment

Hi nik09! Welcome to this place we call The Pit. 3 things Americans get right is real southern BBQ, the Corvette, and Samuel Adams Boston Lager. [bring on the hate about Chevrolet now...]

Comment

Welcome Mates!

Huskee - few are the folks that don't respect the Corvette, Chevy fan or not. I think you'll get more push back on Sam Adams. ;-) I personally have no problem with any of the trinity you mention.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here