Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from New Zealand!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from New Zealand!

Hello BBQ fans,

Jannis here from the —about to get summery— Auckland, New Zealand.

I'm the classic case of a long time lurker and now recent subscriber of this website and a new member of this forum, so a big hello to all!

I've always been into BBQ'ing but for a long time didn't have access to a Charcoal BBQ but with last summers' purchase of my trusty 22 inch Weber Kettle and a semi-recent trip to Austin, Texas, my passion for BBQ'd food has never been stronger.

While I'm still relatively new to the world of proper charcoal cooking, I'm starting to find my way with a couple of successful briskets, ribs and of course the usual burgers and sausage cooks as well as some not so successful… umm… learning experiences.

With my recent purchase of the excellent Slow'n'Sear I can finally maintain my temps better than ever before on the kettle and with this —alongside the usual temperature probes and stuff— the cooking is getting better and better.

I am currently looking at getting a new Kamado Joe cooker so that it is both easier to maintain temps, be more charcoal efficient and also allow me to keep cooking during the New Zealand winter where it goes down in temperature to around 10°C/50°F.

Looking forward to sharing my experiences here and of course all of your advice when it comes to improving my cooking.

Long live the BBQ!

Welcome jannisg

Comment

Hello janisg WELCOM!

Comment

jannisg, Welcome to the Pit, The more Kiwi's the Better in my HBO! Our Son spent a Week in Aukland a while back and enjoyed himself! He is back in Dubai where he lives! 👍👍👍👍👍. Dan

Comment

Coolness, welcome and thanks for the support!!!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit jannisg! So great to make new friends in other areas of the world, welcome aboard! Great to hear you're liking your new Weber kettle and Slow 'N Sear! You are well-equipped my friend.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit and the fun! Your choice of a Weber and the Slow N Sear sounds like a good one. As much as I love my Big Green Egg, I am tempted to get the Slow N Sear to use on my son's 26" kettle. He may get one for Christmas. The Kamado Joe will,serve you well. When you get it I would recomend Chris Groves' book The Kamado Smoker and Grill. I just picked one up for Kindle on Amazon.com for $1.99. It is excellent at helping you do everything you can do on a Kamado. I wish it was available years ago. Happy smoking and grilling.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here