Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

I joined the end of September and just getting my homework started! I've been cooking since I was eight yrs old and that was a very long time ago. I've been barbecuing for about four years. I have a Weber Genesis gas grill, a large Green Egg, a Weber 22" kettle grill and a Bradley electric smoker. I use a Stoker unit with my Egg to control the temperature. I've just bought a Maverick ET-732 for my kettle and drilled holes in the lid for it--will take it for it's maiden voyage very soon. I also have a Thermapen. While writing this I'm smoking Salmon using Meathead's recipe on my Bradley smoker. Looking forward to dinner😋
    I am having such a good time reading the sight. I find it inspiring.

Hello SitA! Welcome!

Comment

Welcome Smokeintheair! We're glad you're here. You're among friends. Do you smoke with your kettle?

Comment

I've only cooked chicken pieces with 2 zone heat. I bought the Slow and Sear and cooked a rib eye steak with the technique on the site--it was to die for! I want to make that for everyone! Just don't want to pay for it for everyone! I'm planning on a spachtcocked chicken in the next couple days thinking about turkey and thanksgiving. I want to start experimenting.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. I cook on a large BGE.

Comment

Welcome Smokeintheair

Comment

Smokeintheair, Welcome to the Pit! 👍👍😇👍👍. From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Very belated welcome to The Pit Smokeintheair! Nice having you here. Have you since cooked anything else with your Slow 'N Sear? That thing will do a killer rack of ribs, 20lbs of pork butts or full packer brisket too.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Smokeintheair . Cool name!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here