Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Missouri

Just joined, but have known about Amazing Ribs for a while. I love this site and have learned a lot from it, probably saving myself a few headache's. I love to smoke, so when my youngest son told me I needed a bigger smoker I got one. With his help and the help of a friend of his, who is an amazing fabricator we built the Dragon. A 500 gal. propane tank that was about to become fill for a washout next to a field. Now I have plenty of room.

Welcome to The Pit Ol' Timer! When you have a moment, check out my Welcome letter and tips topics, which will help you complete your signature (Tip#1). They're here and here.

After that we'd like to know more about you. Head over to the General Discussion channel and dive into the mix... Post your latest cook in the Recipes and Techniques channel(with pics!).... Tell us about your latest restaurant BBQ experience.... make yourself at home!

And how about some pics of the smoker?!?

Comment

• Ol' Timer
      Ol' Timer commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope I have completed everything now, thanks for the help. Will see what I can do about getting some pics of the dragon.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep your signature is filled out. Looking forward to pics of that smoker!

welcome from sunny California would love to see your BABY pit. My wife's boss has a friend that makes pizza ovens out of old propane tanks I haven't seen them but heard the work well good luck with it the insulation should be great.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tank.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	13330 Filling tank with water

Comment

Name:	Tank 9.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	13332 Doors cut out

Comment

Name:	Tank 4.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	13334 Making the Dragon a reverse smoker

Comment

Very cool. How much does one of those propane tanks cost?

Comment

AWESOME, LOVE IT!

Welcome OT.

Comment

David, we got this one free. There was an old house that some farmers were going to knock down and they were going to throw the tank in a washout by the field for fill. We talked them into letting us have it.

Thanks for the welcome Jon, I will post more pics later ......

Comment

Pit Boss, to answer your question a little better. These tanks are estimated to weigh anywhere between 800 lb to a 1000 lb, and if I was to try and buy one, I assume the seller is going to price the tank at the rate of scrap metal, whatever that may be at the time. So it really helps to have a contact who either knows someone wanting to just get one out of the way or, like us, we had a friend that knew about this one and its fate.

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Awesome project! Can't wait to see some pics of that bad boy in action

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here