Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from England

Hi, I joined a couple of days ago, but have been following Meathead for about 10 years on his Amazing Ribs website.
    I live near Newcastle Upon Tyne in England and starting to get ready for the BBQ season here.
    I'm not very inventive when it comes to rubs, marinades and sauces, so any help with what spices and herbs I'll need would be much appreciated. Started grilling with a home made brick BBQ and have ended up with a Weber S670 all singing and dancing griller with lots of options for smoking, rotisserie, infrared etc.
    Pictures of me and the wife, me and the son, and a restaurant we ate at in Croatia.
    Jimmy
    Attached Files

Greetings from South Africa.

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Then she'll know about Curry in a loaf. Forgot what it's called now

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      That would be a bunny chow, good stuff.

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the one. A guy I was sitting next to on the flight from Heathrow to Joburg told me I had to try it.

Welcome from SE Texas!

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, thanks for the greeting. Been to Austin and Houston, and did a training course in Mineral Wells for a Digital Acquisition system we bought. Jake the driver took us,(12 people) to a famous diner not far away and had Chicken fried steak with a secret sauce, bulls balls and fries. Really tasty!!!! Big supporter of the Houston Oilers in the eighties. Saw Michael Jackson in concert at the Astrodome.

• Soonerpop
      Soonerpop commented
      Editing a comment
      Just a guess, but I’m thinking that "secret sauce" was cream gravy.

Howdy from south Texas!

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, thanks for the greeting. Been to Austin and Houston, and did a training course in Mineral Wells for a Digital Acquisition system we bought. Jake the driver took us,(12 people) to a famous diner not far away and had Chicken fried steak with a secret sauce, bulls balls and fries. Really tasty!!!! Big supporter of the Houston Oilers in the eighties. Saw Michael Jackson in concert at the Astrodome.

Welcome to the Pit from southwest Florida.

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Drove a car from Boston to St Petersburg in the 80's for a guy that had just retired. Been to Disneyworld 3 times, love it as did the kids. Went to Clearwater a couple of times to sunbathe on the beach.

Welcome from Chicagoland! It’s a great place to learn and hang out.

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Thanks for the greeting. Passed through the windy city twice. Travelled from London to Dallas and back via Chicago but didn't see much apart from hotels.

Welcome

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Thanks for the greeting. You didn't mention where you reside?

Welcome to the Pit from Fort Worth Texas. I hope you post some new Weber stuff that we can't get in the states. TTFN

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, thanks for the greeting. Been to Austin and Houston, and did a training course in Mineral Wells for a Digital Acquisition system we bought. Fly into Dallas/Fort Worth from Chicago and went shopping in Fort Worth at some Mall. Jake the driver took us,(12 people) to a famous diner not far away and had Chicken fried steak with a secret sauce, bulls balls and fries. Really tasty!!!! Big supporter of the Houston Oilers in the eighties. Saw Michael Jackson in concert at the Astrodome.

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      What can't you get Weber wise in the STATES??

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Been to lots of places in the US of A but never managed to make it to California. Got as far as Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona.

Welcome from Colorado, Jimmy ...

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks very much for your greeting. Much appreciated!!

Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the greeting. Spent a couple of days in Boston. Went wandering sightseeing and got pulled by the police. Apparently I was walking into a no go area. Scary.

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us!

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the greeting. Spent a couple of days in Boston. Went wandering sightseeing and got pulled by the police. Apparently I was walking into a no go area. Scary.

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the welcome. I'm trying to reply to all the nice comments and got confused and sent you a comment meant for someone in New England.

Welcome from California!

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Been to lots of places in the US of A but never managed to make it to California. Got as far as Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona.

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Stuey, Oz was like a second home to me years ago. I flew there 3 times in a year working for Racal Survey. Worked out of Perth, but jobbed off Adelaide, Melbourne, Karatha, (nice place, not), Darwin, etc. Got totally lost driving a Van from Melbourne Airport to Barry Beach. Ended up 100 miles to the East. Last trip from Durban S Africa to Freemantle across the S Indian Ocean then mobbing for the Malaysian flight MH 370 search 1000 miles SW of Oz.

• Stuey1515
      Stuey1515 commented
      Editing a comment
      @ Toonarmy Karatha, (nice place, not) Haha, had an uncle that worked up there for a long time, it rains so little that they don't bother putting gutters on the roofs!!

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      What roofs. Didn't finish my story about the drive from Melbourne to Barry Beach. Anyway, had to pull into a Cop station for directions and as we were leaving the station, the copper said "watch out for the Kangaroos" I crested the brow of this hill and right in front of me was this huge big red. I braked just in time and turned to my mate and said if I hadn't braked in time I would have killed that Roo. He looked at me and said No Jimmy it would have killed us first .

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

• Toonarmy
      Toonarmy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks kindly for your welcome.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here