Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from a long time lurker on the West Coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from a long time lurker on the West Coast

Hi everyone, my name is Brian and I am really glad to have found this place! I have been interested in grilling, BBQ and smokers for many years but have always done things on the simple side without much technique. I had a few BBQ books and just did things "trial and error" for a long time and got some good results.

I have owned a Holland Grill for 15+ years (lost the first one in a divorce 20 years ago ) and a few cheap smokers. Also have a Weber BBQ and quite a collection of camp-style dutch ovens that I like to cook with.

My most recent purchase was a 22" Weber Smokey Mountain smoker last week. It was my youngest grandaughter's birthday on Halloween and the wife asked for my special Pulled Pork which I have always used the recipes and tips from this site. My little smoker from Big 5 was not going to fit a huge pile of pork so I went on the reviews here and saw the WSM was highly rated so I picked one up and smoked 2 pork shoulders that were 10lbs each. They turned out great and I was the star of the show Saturday. I decided I better pay up and join the group since I have been reading and using so much of the info offered here. So here I am!! Thanks!

Hello BG. Welcome

Comment

Welcome! What part of the West Coast are you from?

Comment

Brokegunner, Welcome to the Pit from Fargo ND! 👍👍👍👍👍 Dan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Brokegunner ...

Comment

Welcome to the PIT!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Livermoron View Post
              Welcome! What part of the West Coast are you from?
              I'm in Antioch... you can probably smell the smoke if the wind is blowing the right direction

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Brokegunner / Brian! Great job on the success of the butts on your new smoker. We're glad to have you here and thanks for the support.

Since this is one of your first posts, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome! Antioch huh? Man I spent many a summer vacation at Vierra's Resort up on the delta near you. Great water skiing!

Comment

Welcome Brokegunner

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here