Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Asbury Park (kind of)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Asbury Park (kind of)

Hi everyone! I'm an attorney from central jersey, father of 1 (so far) and an avid cook. I've loved to cook for my whole life, and my wife and I love to entertain friends and family (mostly because we don't want to be far from our bed at the end of the night).

I grabbed a PBC in 2020 and have had a lot of fun learning how to use it. I also have a CharBroil gas grill with Grill grates but now that I'm getting better at cooking over charcoal, I'm considering adding another grill, though I also want a griddle.

Anyway, after maxing out the 5 forum visits on the first day of every month, I decided to pony up. Look forward to learning more and making more amazing grub.

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado …

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from southwest Florida.

Comment

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest

Comment

Well great, yer gettin in with the right frame of mind, get more cookers. Continue to expand, in everything, cept mebbee in yer midsection. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome from the Land of Enchantment and chile capital of the world!

Comment

Welcome from a Jersey native now in Colorado.

Comment

• bbq_esq
                  bbq_esq commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What could ever have made you want to leave Jersey?? I kid, I like where I am, but the property taxes are a bear.

Greetings from South Africa.

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you decided to join us!

I joined up because I got so much out of the free side, I figured that Meathead feller deserved a little something for his effort. Never intended to participate, or even really read much of anything on this side. I was wrong about 3 out of 3 of those things.
                  Last edited by willxfmr; February 23, 2022, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• bbq_esq
                    bbq_esq commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Packers fan?

• willxfmr
                    willxfmr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    bbq_esq I don't really follow football, but I have to stay somewhat current on the Pack just so I can follow the conversations at work.
                    Now ask me what is going on in F1, and I won't be shutting up anytime soon.
                    Last edited by willxfmr; February 23, 2022, 03:38 PM.

Welcome to the Pit!
                  Cheers from Norway

Comment

• bbq_esq
                    bbq_esq commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks! I've always wanted to visit that part of the world. Are you from there originally?

• Elton's BBQ
                    Elton's BBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    bbq_esq Yessire i am. 👍

Should’ve used this guy for your avatar. I’m up in Jersey City. Welcome to the Pit!

Click image for larger version

Name:	FABF5594-5FDE-4FDF-AE36-4E0AD23B83CE.jpeg
Views:	195
Size:	309.7 KB
ID:	1179267

Comment

• bbq_esq
                    bbq_esq commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Also a good choice, though I'm not really in Asbury - just close enough to enjoy the scene! What's your setup like in JC? I have a few friends who live up there and Hoboken, and lack of outdoor space is always a complaint.

• JCBBQ
                    JCBBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    bbq_esq well I bought a house in ‘03 in an unfashionable area that has since become quite fashionable. So I have a back yard AND off street parking…the other major complaint.

• JCBBQ
                    JCBBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The last two summers we rented a place for a week in Ocean Grove. I love going to Asbury. Plus we’ve got two dogs snd they have a great dog beach there 🤙🤙🤙

Welcome from Virginia! Was born in Toms River NJ...

Comment

• bbq_esq
                    bbq_esq commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice, I'm actually heading down there this weekend to spend a fortune on patio furniture

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

Comment

• treesmacker
                    treesmacker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Welcome to the pit... and you're welcome!

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here