Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connecticut checkin' in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate
    replied
    Welcome from Indiana...

Leave a comment:

• tlaw
    replied
    Checkin' back in with a photo of my first attempt at a hunk o' flat brisket, injected with 6 oz. of beef broth. 26" Weber & SnS and hickory chunks, 12 hours (even with a Texas crutch at 250 deg.) Hit another stall at 187 deg. But, it came out moist and tasty, and look at that smoke ring! I've done a pork butt and spare ribs, but can't find the pix. Lots of problems controlling the temperature, but I'm getting the hang of it. The secret is a long cigar and good whiskey.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	217842

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit tlaw! Thanks for joining up with us.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    Welcome tlaw! We're glad you're here. Thanks for taking the plunge with the SnS!

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Welcome tlaw

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Pretty good way to get started, welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Wow man, 26"er with an SnS.....straight out the gate!!!

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!

Leave a comment:

• Danjohnston949
    replied
    tlaw, Welcome to the Pit from Fargo ND! In addition to Meathead and David Parrish I would and do pay careful attention to Breadhead and the other Members and Staff! 👍👍👍👍👍. The advice and suggestions you can get free for the asking would make a Culinary College Cry! Dan

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit tlaw ...

You now have the Ménage A Trois of BBQ equipment. Those three pieces of gear when used together are blessed by the BBQ god's.👍

Follow Meathead and David Parrish carefully and you will become a real Pit Master soon.

Send pictures of your cooks.😎

Leave a comment:

• tlaw
    started a topic Connecticut checkin' in...

Connecticut checkin' in...

Always loved BBQ, couldn't get the hang of it myself. Meathead's been steering me right--finally jumped in with a 26" Weber kettle, Slow 'n' Sear and a Maverick thermometer. (Gotta admit, I don't want to trash the old 18" Weber.) Still getting the new one calibrated and hoping to do up a Boston butt soon.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here