Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheers from Los Angeles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers from Los Angeles!

Hi Everyone,

Rookie here looking for a good forum to continually get tips and tricks. Figured this would pay for itself if it saved me from screwing up 1 piece of meat!

Took Harry Soo's class a couple of weeks ago and have been addicted to smoking ever since! Went straight from the class and bought a 18" WSM and Chefalarm along with some Red Oak, Cherry, and Apple wood from the woodshed in orange county. Couple of bags of KF blue and I am on my way to the big leagues! Have been cooking on the Kettle for years now and ready to introduce the flavor profile of the BBQ rubs and smoky wood flavoring.

Still getting the temperature under control in the WSM but every cook keeps getting better (have done 6-7 in the last couple weeks).

Also bought some of the Cajun Bandit WSM mods to help keep temp under control.

Looking forward to learning and contributing.

Cheers!

Paul

Welcome To The Pit! smokinfatties, I think you will be able to get a wealth of good information free for the asking. The Members and the Moderators for A R are just Great! 👍👍👍👍👍. Dan

Comment

Hey There! Nice to meet ya.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Howdy, from Sierra Madre. Was Harry's class worth the money?

Comment

• smokinfatties
            smokinfatties commented
            Editing a comment
            gwschenk Absolutely! 100 times over, especially if you are newer to BBQ and want to learn technique and are a hands on learner. A lot of his recipes and techniques are shared by him on his website but its a completely different story when putting in into action- i am much more of a hands on learner.

He's extremely nice and helpful (and provides feedback and answers any questions you have on an ongoing basis). The food itself is insane (we tried like 15 different items that were prepared in class) and on top of that some of the proceeds go to charity so its a win-win.

Welcome to the pit. There is a lot to learn?

Comment

Welcome to The Pit smokinfatties! Sounds like you're well prepared!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit smokinfatties ...

Hello from Hermosa Beach.😎

Comment

Hello and WELCOME!

Comment

• Huskee
                  Huskee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lol. SWS. I see what you did there with your avatar!

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here