Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Illinois

My propane grill recently gave up the ghost, so while I was researching new grills, I came across pellet grills. I decided on a pit boss 71820 because it was only $399 on sale at Menards and I didn't want to go big if I didn't like it. Now A month in I'm already looking to upgrade in the next year or so. Size and build quality of the pitboss have become an issue. Still haven't decided if I stick with a pellet style grill or just go with box style smoker. I ended up here because about every search for something I wanted to try smoke/cook pointed here. Seems like a friendly and helpful community. Here are some of the meals made in the last month and half, all or some of the dishes used info, tips or recipes I learned here.

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!

Rec-tec got a doozy pellet smoker I'd love to have.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I have read up on the Rec-tec and as of now thats the one I'm leaning toward.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, jotuck It is good to have you Here! Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the pit. In your search for a pit you might try asking the folks in the pit what is their favorite to cook on and why they like it.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. Great info and people! A couple pellet grills to consider are a Memphis Pro for it's quality and insulation for use in cold weather or a Yoder for it's quality and size with a large second grate. Have fun exploring the possibilities.

Comment

Watch out for anything or anyone named Pit Boss. I joke, I joke.

Comment

Thank you all for the welcomes. I need to read through the site a bit more before I go starting topics, I'm betting most of these questions have been asked and answered many times over. Skip, the memphis pro looks promising, will look at it more closely and the yoder not really heard of this one will check it out, thanks for the heads up. Pit Bosses just the name inspires fear

Comment

Welcome! I'm from Wisconsin so "How 'Bout Dem Bears?" Just joking of course!

Comment

Originally posted by ribeyeguy View Post
                        Welcome! I'm from Wisconsin so "How 'Bout Dem Bears?" Just joking of course!
                        We are in a rebuilding year(for the last couple years)

Comment

• ribeyeguy
                          ribeyeguy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Seriously, I'd like to see the Bears become a force again, that's when it gets fun.

• jotuck
                          jotuck commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I'm with you ribeye. The best rivalry in the NFL, we just haven't showed up. I have some family up there in that wasteland(Packer Country) and they have been relentless in letting me know how good the packers are.

Welcome jotuck

Comment

Welcome to The Pit jotuck! Glad to have you here!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome, heck of a busy day for new people!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here