Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gene Apicella

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gene Apicella

Hey, Everyone: I'm on the upside of the learning curve, still learning. I'm limited in that there's just two of us, and we're not big eaters, and we don't entertain much. So far, I've conquered ribs. I was successful with pork butt. Brisket has alluded me so far. As for grilling, beef, chicken, pork, seafood (touch 'n go...occasionally). Veges -- essentially, just corn on the cob, zucchini, asparagus. I have to choose my cooks carefully, as we don't save anything -- either it gets eaten, or it gets thrown out. I wanted to get one of those vacuum sealers; but, The Boss has said "nyet!" Otherwise, life is good. Grilling is gold. Low 'n slow is the way to go!

Welcome Gene... you will learn a lot here. There is an awesome amount of experience and help!

Comment

Welcome! Pulled pork keeps great in the freezer with a bit of sauce on it to prevent freezer burn. I had some brisket leftover for dinner tonight from the freezer and was amazed (pun intended) on how tender it still was.

Comment

Well Gene, feel free to have us over anytime. lol

WELCOME!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Gene!! When you have a moment, check out my Welcome letter and tips topics, which will help you complete your signature (Tip#1). They're here and here.

After that we'd like to know more about you. Head over to the General Discussion channel and dive into the mix... Post your latest cook in the Recipes and Techniques channel(with pics!).... Tell us about your latest restaurant BBQ experience.... make yourself at home!

Comment

welcome from California, I am sure you will love this place I do

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here