Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G'day from Australia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G'day from Australia!

Hi Everyone, I',m Mark from Australia. Been learning about American style BBQ the last few months, hopefully I can pick up some valuable tips tricks and info on authentic American BBQ. Being in Australia we are somewhat starved for good information particularly on different regional styles.

I look forward to being part of the community, Thanks

Welcome to the pit! You will find lots of ideas and opinions- almost all of which will work for anyone. Variety is the spice of life. Have fun trying them.

Comment

Welcome, mate! What part of Oz are you in? (I consider Melbourne a bit of a second home)

Mike

Comment

Thanks Guys!

I'm in north queensland. I lived in melbourne for about 6 years. Perfect BBQ weather all year round up here though

Comment

Welcome aboard Mark.ibbo!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Mark.ibbo 👍👍👍🍻🍺. Dan

Comment

Welcome Mark! We're glad you're here. What kind of cookers do you have?

Comment

Thanks Guys,

At the moment I have a Weber Kettle and in the process of making my own version of a pit barrel Cooker out of an old 44 gallon drum.

Comment

Hi Mark.ibbo Being from the Land Down Under you have heard of the Beef Eater Grills?
                  I used one for a long long time and handed it down to my son

Comment

Hey Cheef,

Yeah mate I have, those things have been around for quite a while, they are a pretty top of the line product, well I know they certainly were back in the day. They last for ever too!
                    Last edited by Mark.ibbo; October 14, 2015, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Mark.ibbo yes they are a nice machine. More adapted to the Aussie way of BBQ maybe. Here in the States they really push the tops with them--All the Aussies I know kind of prefer the open grill cooking and don't bother with the lids.
                      I upgraded my Beef Eater to the brass burners and used the thing for years-gave it a good cleaning before passing it to my son and he'll be using it for years too.
                      The piezo igniters on the thing just freak me out--10 years and never had one that failed.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Mark.ibbo! Glad to have you here! Make sure to get your gear listed in your signature, especially when your homemade UDS gets done, homemade toys are the best!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here