Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from the panhandle of Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke-rings-in-the-dark
    replied
    I was really talking about local sources, but I had never considered buying online. We have a few places to buy wood here, but sometimes it is hit or miss. I have been looking to possibly buy in bulk, maybe a cord or so. That way I am always ready and never short. I bought a larger smoker on Craig's List, from a guy here in town. I do not know who builds them, but they sell them at Outdoor Chef, that's a local store where I buy a lot of the stuff I use including my wood right now. My main smoker is an offset smoker made of round 1/4 inch tubing 20 inches in diameter. It has a horizontal section and a vertical section. The temperature is not very even between the two sections so I mostly use the vertical section which is further from the smoke box. I love it, it works well and holds a little more than my previous smoker, but I think I would like to upgrade again. I think I would like one on a trailer. I would like for it to hold enough meat for a family reunion and would like it to cook more evenly than what I have. I like stick burners , but propane in the fire box to maintain temp might be a good thing. I would really like for it to have grill on the trailer as well. Basically I want something out of my price range. Lol. I will check out the home work and get to work.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    As promised, here's our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Regarding wood- unless you're referring to local sources in your neck of the woods, my favorite online source for chunks & logs is www.FruitaWoodChunks.com, they have nearly anything that can be smoked with, they also sell chips. Great quality wood too.

What kind of smoker are you interested in?

Leave a comment:

replied
    I think there are a few of us. I hope to get some good advice from locals including where to buy meat, wood, smokers and such.

Leave a comment:

• risawyer
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit!! Good to see another person living in Lubbock on here!!

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Glad your here SRITD!

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Hey, if you're happy, I'm happy

replied
    Sorry. It's a bit long. My attempt at originality. Normally when I have tried to come up with a username, everything I try has already been used. It's a song I really like and in my comment to Pit Boss I kind of told how I came up with it. You can call me what ever you want. I have been called a lot of things. Lol

Leave a comment:

commented on 's reply
    That's why I picked it. I really like Gary Allen and that is my favorite by him. I was trying to come up with a name that had something to do with barbecue and that kind of came to me. I figure it either represents my overnight smokes trying for a great result or my blind hunt for good results before I found this website. Lol

commented on 's reply
    "The strip" as we used to call it. Lol.

• David Parrish
    replied
    Welcome Smoke-rings-in-the-dark! We're glad you're here. That might be the only time I ever type out that whole name

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    commented on 's reply
    I knew some families named Klose, but that was over 40 years ago. Are they building smokers now?

• Huskee
    replied
    Welcome! Your screen name is one of my top 20 favorite country songs and by far my favorite Gary Allen song. I totally hear you on good country and not radio country, especially most from this decade.

I'll give you my homework assignment later, stay tuned....

Leave a comment:

• barney
    replied
    Howdy ! I was born in Canyon (south of Amarillo) but grew up in Pampa. Great place to be from ! I remember when Lubbock was dry and you would drive down the highway & drive over a bridge in the middle of nowhere & suddenly an area was lit up & bars, liquor stores, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    replied
    Howdy... Welcome to the Pit.😎

Leave a comment:

• Danjohnston949
    commented on 's reply
    You are absolutely Right! Just for the record I am from Fargo ND. Buddy Holley & The Big Bopper & & we're on their way to perform in Fargo-Moorhead the Day the Music Died! Gave a 15 year old kid the opportunity to put on the show for the promotors. His stage name is Bobby Vee and he went straight to the top! Dan

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here