Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Louisiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Louisiana

Hello, my name is Fred Mercuro. I started BBQing about 20 yrs ago, when my father- in- law took me under his wing. Little did he know I would love cooking more then he does. I love to cook in the kitchen as well as in front of a pit or smoker. My expirence in cooking is from, at home family gatherings to 500+ fund raisers. I recently (1 yr ago) acuired a horizontal tank smoker mounted on a trailer. I have smoked about 75 briskets and 60lbs of sausage. Some have been better then others. I would like to get invovled in competitve smoking, that is how I came across Amazingribs.com. I like to research as much as I can before diving into a new venture. Any advice for this novice would be much appreciated

Hi fm. Can't wait to learn from you. Good to meet you.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Fred! When you have a chance take a few minutes to read my welcome letter as well as tips on how to use The Pit. They can be found in the Welcome and Announcements Channel. In particular, check out my tip #1 on signature creation and tip #4 on pic uploading. Tip #4 will help display your pics in a larger format that's viewable in the thread itself. As you can see we're a small but growing community. The more information and love you put in the more interest we'll get from fellow Pit members. Before you know it we'll have a BBQ wiki bounty of information for everyone to review, improve, share, and use. I look forward to your input!

Comment

Hi FM, sounds like you have some rig. Would love to see pix of it. Quite impressive sounding resume too! Anyway from one new guy to another around here nice to meet you and welcome to the best BBQ forum on the planet. Jim

Comment

Hi Fred. We have a Competition section here. Although it's still a puppy, we hope it grows into a full sled team as you & others add to it and make it blossom. Welcome to The Pit!

Comment

Hello! I'm in Baton Rouge, where are you? We need to uphold Louisiana's honor in this competitive environment!

Comment

Im in Pineville, just north of alexandria

Comment

Welcome aboard from Sulphur, La - one of our esteemed moderators Jerod Broussard is from SW La and graduated from McNeese as did I. I wish you the best of luck with your competition efforts. Yea that some is better than others comment sure rings true. When all else is equal, it's all about the temp control.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here