Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheef Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheef Here

Cheef here--I ride a 2003 Gilroy Indian Chief motorcycle-hence the name.
    From Kansas City area.
    Been a backyard wannabe for 30 years.
    I own
    Cookshack smoker
    Big Green Egg Large (I make a damn mean high temp steak)
    Big Green Egg Medium
    Memphis Pro
    And a little Lodge cast Iron for quick hibachi, simple dogs and burgers.
    I do love any kind of backyard BBQ--low and slow right on to grilling.
    Someone point me to the hot-fast smoking techniques if there are any on the site.
    Tried a hot fast brisket about 6 months ago that kind of surprised me.
    Taste not up to low and slow BUT not to bad in a pinch.

Hey Cheef... Welcome Aboard

Comment

"Chief Chef Cheef" killer YouTube handle.

Welcome and thanks for the support!!

Comment

Welcome Cheef. You fit right in with that wonderful lineup of equipment.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome you all.
          I did forget one smoker I have out in the backyard.
          If I remember right it was the first smoker I ever bought or used.
          As close as I can recall it hast to be well over 20 years old now. Anyway OLD!!!
          An Oklahoma Joe Tail Gater. Offset firebox.
          Small but built like a tank, and I still prefer wings out of it over any other machine I've ever owned or used.
          The thing will still be cooking a hundred years from now--Made from oil field casing.
          They advertised it as a tail gater but you'd better gather up the buds to load and unload it!!!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Cheef. Glad you're here!

Comment

Welcome Cheef

Comment

Cheef, Welcome to the Pit! I love your Bike, post some Pics of it sometime! Dan

Comment

welcome to the fun enjoy

Comment

Welcome Cheef! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome Cheef. I own a Big Green Egg (large), too. I just returned from the Eggtober Fest at Stone Mountain, GA. I will post some pics soon. It was great fund and there must have been over 200 eggs cooking. I'm considering cooking next year.

Comment

• David Parrish
                        David Parrish commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I almost went to that myself, but ended up having to go on a work trip. boo work.

Hi LA -- the Big Green Egg is the a REALLY good tool to cook on.
                      Just a little practice and using one is as simple as it gets.
                      The Memphis Pro has spoiled me a bit because of the plug and play no problems use.
                      I do always bake up the readout on it with a second probe as it seems to show 10* cooler than the digital remote I back it up with.
                      10* is nothing to complain about but I am a little A D D when it comes to temp.
                      Digital and instant read thermometers have REALLY made my BBQ come to life--Especially the chicken cooks--I'm paranoid when it comes to getting poultry to the safe temp.

Comment

I just took a look through the prizes page.
                        In my intro post I forgot to include my Good One.
                        I've had it 8 or 10 years and kind of stuck it back in the shed and forgot it.
                        Good One has changed pretty dramatically in the past few years.
                        It was a VERY well built machine back in the day.

Comment

Belated welcome to The Pit Cheef! Nice having you here. Be sure to get all those goodies listed in your signature.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome Cheef! Looking forward to some pictures of the food you cook.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here