Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Orygun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Orygun

Well, it's been a year since I signed up for an account here so I suppose it's time to introduce myself....

I live in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge, Hood River to be specific. I don't know where the urge to Q came from, it's not like Oregon is a hotbed of BBQ. If I remember correctly Campbell's or Tennessee Red's in PDX might be the first place I had BBQ in Orygun. I don't remember those leaving that much of an impression. Maybe it's travels to Texas and Georgia where I came to love food from Rudy's and Heirloom Market that stoked the fire.

I'm currently cooking on a Mak 2 star and thanks to the enthusiasm shown here, ordered a PBC for a charcoal based cooker. Love the Mak even though I'm using it at it's most basic level and I'm really excited about the PBC.

As far as favorites, I'd have to go with pork butt, ribs and brisket in that order. Chicken thighs are a common thing when on sale. I guess goals would be to do breakfast on the Mak and a grill fired pizza. Secret passions are cooking with the weird cuts such as tongue, gizzard, tripe and such

Thanks for the website, information and energy to maintain it.

Cook well brothers and sisters!

Thanks for the long support!!!

You will know that I hit the jack pot if a Mak 2 ends up on my deck. ​

Comment

Welcome BE

Comment

Welcome Aboard BE

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Burntend! I love the user name - it could be burnt end or burn tend. LOL.

Comment

Welcome Burntend. You'll love the PBC. Lots of good support here.

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Burntend from Oryegun from Fargo ND! 👍 Dan

Comment

welcome and enjoy you probably know already your going to like it

Comment

Welcome and feel free to share.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Burntend! Glad to have you here. I too want to do a pizza on my stickburner but I have yet to. NO desire to use the odd cuts, but more power to you!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Burntend ...

I used to live in Lake Oswego, Oregon when I was in the furniture industry. I came to Hoodriver every 4 to 6 weeks to sell sofas to Murray Furniture Co. It's a family own retail business that was started on farmland. There were three generations living there working the farm and selling furniture.

I always made sure to get there at lunchtime because they had a family tradition of having a full blown big time lunch everyday. They shut down everything to gather for lunch. I became friends of the family and looked forward to joining them for this spectacular lunch. What made it spectacular was who was in the chairs... The food didn't really matter. They were good people.👍

They were a very small account but one that I enjoyed calling on more than others... They were downhome people.😎
                        Last edited by Breadhead; October 17, 2015, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the kindly welcome folks!

Huskee, I'll get to looking at the homework page and dealt with the email thing a bit ago with Pit Boss.

Breadhead, I've bought a few items from Murray's. Just down the road from me. I'll have to ask if they are still doing the lunch.

Cheers and good cooks to all!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here