Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Minnesota

Hi everyone -

I thought I'd say​ a brief hello! I've been spending time exploring this site and forum as I'm in the market for a smoker. I currently have a Weber Performer, Weber Smokey Mountain and a Bradley Smoker. I'll soon be giving away the 2 smokers and replacing them with whatever my final decision will be. I think I'm on to my final, final, this time I really mean it, final choice.

As of today, I'm going with the Backwoods G2 Chubby. After researching online, I found a local dealer that has it in stock so I'll save on shipping. And it looks like I'll be able to use it even when the Minnesota winters hit. I've read reviews, watched YouTube videos, searched the forum here and I think it fits my needs. Of course, I could keep researching and change my mind again.

I've also decided that I would like a pellet grill/smoker so I'm looking at the smaller Rec Tec.

Anyway, this is an awesome community and I've already learned a great deal from lurking. I'm looking forward to being an active participant!

Get the extra insulation on that G2 Chubby and that dude will smoke all winter like a champ.

Get a Slow 'n Sear for that Performer.

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!!!!!
    ​

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
      Get the extra insulation on that G2 Chubby and that dude will smoke all winter like a champ.

Get a Slow 'n Sear for that Performer.

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!!!!!
      ​
      Thanks for the tips! RE: the G2 Chubby. I'm going to stop into the local dealer next week if I can swing it. They're only open M-F, 8 - 4 so I have to find some time when I can dart out of the office during the day. I'll check and see if they have the extra insulation option on the ones they carry. Since we're in MN, you'd think that would be an automatic.

I absolutely LOVE my Performer. I've had it for years and it's been awesome. I have a lot to learn, though. I come from a family of southern cooks and grillers who turn out some of the best BBQ. So, I'm looking to get better. I've never heard of a Slow 'n Sear, though. I keep learning new things here. Off to research some more!​

Comment

HEY THERE! Welcome to the pit!
        Last edited by Jon Solberg; October 11, 2015, 02:13 PM.

Comment

I cooked some country style ribs (aka sliced pork butt) with the Slow 'n Sear Thursday afternoon. I thought there OK, nothing great. Wife and everyone else thought they were so great she came back with some more today.

Comment

• Nichelle02
            Nichelle02 commented
            Editing a comment
            After reading the reviews of the Slow 'n Sear, I'm in!

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Sweet!

Welcome Aboard Nichelle

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Nichelle02!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from a fellow Minnesotan. You will like the info and other members. Check out a Memphis Pro Pellet Grill. Already insulated and made in Minnesota-for our climate! Smoke on!

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Skip, hi neighbor! I just took a look at the Memphis Pro Pellet Grill. Wow, it's mighty impressive. If I buy the G2 Chubby smoker in the next couple of weeks, I plan to wait until the spring for the pellet grill. That will give me some time as now I want to really look into the Memphis Pro and do some comparison shopping. Thanks for the recommendation.

Comment

welcome to the pit from ca. enjoy the fun and ill send you some sun

Comment

• Nichelle02
                    Nichelle02 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It was in the 30's last night, please hurry!

Welcome Nichelle02. We're glad your here.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Nichelle02, No MN Jokes from me Today, Maybe Tommorow? 😇 Dan

Comment

• Nichelle02
                      Nichelle02 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's always a good day for Minnesota jokes!

Welcome! The Chubby looks like a good choice. If I won the Gold Metal give away it would be hard not to choose it, but it might be over kill for my cooking needs. I think I would have to expand the number of party guest or freeze a lot of meat. Freezing is out. I like cooking regularly too much.

Comment

• Nichelle02
                      Nichelle02 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Totally understand! I end up sharing with friends and/or co-workers. They've already put requests in for a November smoke. They buy the meat and when I smoke something for myself, I do a few for them, too.

Welcome to the pit from another fellow Minnesotan!

Comment

• Nichelle02
                      Nichelle02 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you neighbor

Welcome to The Pit Nichelle02! Glad to have you here! I know personally when I was considering a Chubby I talked myself into the Party instead of the Chubby...because the day will come when you'll wish you'd have gotten the bigger one! Funny I never got either one though, I spent the money on a stickburner. I love the old school approach to tending a bonfire so that drew me to my final choice.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here