Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from Galveston, Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Galveston, Texas!

I have finally taken the leap and joined...all after lurking for the last couple of years! I have been getting such good advice and great ideas but have been lazy and not signed up. I've even referred several friends! All said, I really enjoy the site and hope to take my smokin' to the next level now! I have 2 x Weber 22" kettles and 1 x 18" Weber kettle. I only use charcoal/wood. Eight years ago, I laid out on paper a dream-smoker. Two years ago, I finally received approvals to start building it (wife was tougher than homeowners)! I finished it at Thanksgiving last year and absolutely love it - though am still figuring out the little details! It is all cinder block and fire brick, has an indirect smoker chamber with 3 grate levels and 20 sq ft of cooking surface; a cold smoker with 2 grates, a sausage hanger and 12.44 sq ft of cooking surface; and a 2 ft x 4 ft charcoal bed direct grill. As I learn how to post pictures, I'll be showing this off with each cook. (I think I was able to load a picture of it in my screen name pic). In any case, I look forward to learning and sharing one of my passions with all of you! Thanks and Gig 'Em!

Welcome PitmasterAg I think I speak for everyone when I say you need to post the pictures of that smoker PRONTO! LOL

Comment

Welcome PitmasterAg! We're glad you're here. Can't wait to see more pics!

Comment

Glad to have you PitmasterAg! I too am looking forward to more pictures.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit PitmasterAg ...

I think we all lurked for a while before joining the pit.😎

Comment

Welcome! I expect to be back in TX some time in 2016. Would love to eye sme pictures of you newly created cooker.

Comment

I am your neighbor on Tiki Island. Been working on my outdoor entertainment area for almost a year. Framers are on the job site today. Love the area and welcome to the pit.

Comment

PitmasterAg Welcome to The Pit, It sounds like you could feed all of us BBQ! Like to see some Pics, Dan

Comment

Ok, here goes though not very tech-savvy...

Comment

• ribeyeguy
                    ribeyeguy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Holy Mackerel does that look good. I'd love to see more pictures of the smoker and read more details on the build process. Just looking at your profile pic it looks amazing!

LA...shout when in the neighborhood!

johnsteen...maybe we'll see you out on our end of the island sometime. We are nearly at San Luis Pass.

Comment

Welcome Aboard PitmasterAg

Comment

Welcome to the Pit PitmasterAg. Look forward to seeing pics of your build.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!!!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

welcome and I am envious I'm not Tec savvy but I do know your pretty handy with your hands and skills look forward to more

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here