Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

shuffling-in-to-say-"howdy"-from-central-ohio…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shuffling in to say "Howdy" from Central Ohio…

I kinda waltzed into the Weber Charcoal Summit sub-channel without introducing myself, so I’m backtracking a bit and popping in here to say hi. I have been a. member here for quite some time, but never participated in the forum. As I get more and more tired of social media, I will spend more time on "old school" forums like this.

Basically, I like messing around with grills and smokers and food. I am constantly experimenting. I travel a lot for work and I carry 1 to 3 Weber’s with me at all times. I often cook meals in the back corners of hotel parking lots.

I love to cook for people. I have cooked for clients many times. Cooking a full meal on my Webers for 15 to 40 people is exhausting, but so satisfying.

I don’t know if I have any favorites to cook… I kinda do it all. One thing I’m proud of is that I have cooked some excellent bobcat on my BGE.

Good to meet y’all… Hoping to learn a. lot from y’all!

I’m gonna drop a list of my current cooking equipment. I typed it up for my signature and was a bit shocked. The rest of my life may not be well organized, but I have my BBQ stuff all neatly organized, so I lose track of how much I have. I use most of it on at least a semi-regular basis.

My Cookers
    • Large Big Green Egg
    • 26” Weber Kettle
    • 22” Weber Master-Touch Kettle
    • 22” Weber Premium Kettles (3 to 5 at any given time)
    • Weber Jumbo Joe
    • Weber Smokey Joe Premium (customized with bottom vents instead of side vents)
    • Weber Go-Anywhere Charcoal
    • Weber 22” Smokey Mountain (customized with wheels, hinge, side handles, etc.)
    • Weber Q 3200 Propane (currently at my mama’s house)
    • Lodge Sportsman’s Cast Iron Grill
    • 30” Circle J Firepit (with grate)
    • Cookshack SM050 Electric Smoker
    My Thermometers
    • Thermapen ONE
    • Thermapen Mk4 (2)
    • Thermoworks Executive Needle
    • Thermoworks Dash
    • Thermoworks Smoke
    • Thermoworks Gateway
    • Thermoworks Signals
    • Thermoworks X4
    • Thermoworks Billows
    Misc. Cooking Equipment
    • Auber Instruments WIFI Electric Smoker Controller
    • Auber Instruments Snap-on Blower For Charcoal
    • Anova Pro (sous vide)
    • FoodSaver V4840 Vacuum Sealer
    • Meat Grinder
    • Oklahoma Joe Charcoal Chimney (2)
    • Weber Charcoal Chimneys (3 to 5 at any given time)
    • Vortex
    • Knock-Off Vortex
    • SNS Slow ‘N Sear
    • Weber Rotisserie (for Kettle)
    • 36” x 24” Heavy Duty Commercial Rolling Table
    • Victorinox Knives (10 to 15, from a paring knife to a 14” slicer)
    • Old Hickory 14’ Butcher Knife
    • Weber Pizza Stone (for GBS)
    • Weber Expansion Racks (2)
    • Weber Smokey Mountain Hanging Rack
    • All kinds of misc. pans, racks, etc.

In case I didn’t say it in the other thread, Welcome from Colorado. As far as 22 rifles go, I’ve still got the first shooter my Dad gave me way back when … a Marlin Golden 39A Mountie. Haven’t shot it for ages. Perhaps I should.

Comment

• BBQandLove
      BBQandLove commented
      Editing a comment
      Love it! BTW, I lived in Colorado twice. Western Slope. Good country.

• RustyHaines
      RustyHaines commented
      Editing a comment
      Got my "boy's rifle" Remington single shot bolt action .22 from my Pops. He "bought" it with S&H Green Stamps. Remember those? Still shoots 2" to the right at 25 yards and still my most cherished firearm.

Welcome from the Land of Enchantment!

Comment

• BBQandLove
      BBQandLove commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s funny, I lived in NM too. Moved to NW NM when I was 20. Lived there four years.

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      BBQandLove NW….so that would be one of the four Farmington, Bloomfield, Aztec, or Shiprock.

• BBQandLove
      BBQandLove commented
      Editing a comment
      barelfly Yep. Had addresses for 3 of the 4 while I lived there. Never lived out by Shipwreck. Ate some amazing fry bread from the roadside stands out there though.

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Very much enjoyed yer Intro, Brother, an Welcome to th postin side of Th Pit!

Keeps me a few Webers handy, jus in case...

Loves me yer brim, Brother...!!!

Suit Jacket? mebbe we'uns need to talk...

Just Kiddin, Amigo!

You Do You!

Best way is to make with cookin some delish foodstuffs, an sharin pics, up in here

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Akubra??? Yes??? BBQandLove ???

• BBQandLove
      BBQandLove commented
      Editing a comment
      It was church!. Hey, I usually wear bibs. That better? Lol. I’ll figure out how to post pictures.

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      I wears me my 'Sunday Go To Meetin Overhauls', on Sundays...MBCH sets at home, fer Decorum

Any help postin, jus holler, Brother...

Ain't nobody gonna yike at ya, up in here...
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 16, 2021, 10:28 PM. Reason: Fer eiditin's sake...

Impressive gear list! Bobcat! Wow! Only thing left to buy is more meat!

Comment

• BBQandLove
      BBQandLove commented
      Editing a comment
      I was almost impressed myself after I wrote it all out. It was "Oh wow! How did this happen?" Addictions will get you, I guess.

Welcome to the posting side of The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from California! Quite the collection of cookers. Haven’t been able to gain spousal approval for more than one of any given type.

Comment

• BBQandLove
        BBQandLove commented
        Editing a comment
        I think it's called an addiction. my friends think I should be a celebrity for it, but I laugh and tell them they have no idea what the Weber world is like. I have nothing, compared to a lot of addicts.

Equipment up the wazoo! Energy up the wazoo! Passion fer cookin up the wazoo! I think we’re in fer a wazoo of a time! Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

• BBQandLove
        BBQandLove commented
        Editing a comment
        Some days I feel like my energy went on a long trip and left me behind.

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, so you were hosin us eh?

Welcome to the Pit!
      Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us!
        That's and impressive list of gear you have there.

Comment

Welcome to posting in the Pit from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Comment

• BBQandLove
            BBQandLove commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank ya! My new job (since July) brings me to Florida a few times a year. Plus I'm on the board of a non-profit and they chose to have their yearly board meeting in Sarasota in January. Minecraft to be exact. The place will be crawling with Amish and Mennonites, so not super thrilled about that. Haha! (I am one myself.) Never was to Florida until 2 years ago, now I have been 3 or 4 times. I wanna cook an iguana. I got some friends who tell me they will catch one if I will cook it. Am I nuts?

• BBQandLove
            BBQandLove commented
            Editing a comment
            Also, have you ever been to Detweiler's in Sarasota? Amazing stores. I am learning to know the owners.

• Draznnl
            Draznnl commented
            Editing a comment
            BBQandLove, Sarasota is just north of Venice. I go there all the time. The Detweiler's in Sarasota is much larger and more inviting than the one here in Venice. So I take the 20 minute drive about every other week. Love their seafood counter.
            Last edited by Draznnl; December 17, 2021, 04:05 PM.

Welcome from SE Texas! That is quite a list, can't wait to see pics of your cooks and maybe some recipes of your favorite foods.

I still have my grandpa's .22 rifle - a Stevens pump model 29A or B. It seems to be a transition model with both A and B features. It was made in about 1939/40. Incredibly accurate, been shooting it since I was a kid.

Comment

• BBQandLove
            BBQandLove commented
            Editing a comment
            This is nuts... you are the third person welcoming me from states I have lived in. Lived just below Fort Worth for 9 years. I have been gone almost 4 years, but have been back maybe 20 times for work. I love Texas. Got a beautiful prime trip-tip in my freezer from HEB.

• 58limited
            58limited commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm originally from Plano.

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

• BBQandLove
              BBQandLove commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you! I'd love to explore Minnesota, but unfortunately, the product I represent is illegal in your state, so I don't ever get up there.

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here