Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Grillin' from Central Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Grillin' from Central Alabama

I've been a member since August but getting around to introducing myself. I live in rural Alabama about 30 minutes north of Birmingham. I've got a Member's Mark Propane/Charcoal grill (has IR but don't use it) and an Akorn. I love to grill and smoke for the family, doing mostly pork chops, chicken, and Conecuh sausage but have made brisket, ribs, and pork as well. I love discovering the BBQ restaurants and history in this area and plan to start posting in the Alabama section of Restaurants, BBQ Joints, and Steakhouses channel. When I'm not working or grilling I enjoy time with family and friends, hiking, watching football (RTR), and learning new things. Looking forward to learning from Meathead and all the other members and maybe sharing a little something useful for y'all.

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from the northern Virginia burbs of the Nation's capital. Nice to meat you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta

Comment

You are in Ala-bleepin-bama, you killed a good ol' boy, there ain't no way this thing ain't going to trial.

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!!!

Comment

• RhodeHog
                RhodeHog commented
                Editing a comment
                It was da two yoots!

Welcome to the pit from the Bay Area!

Comment

• RhodeHog
                RhodeHog commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! My son lives in Oakland now. I like to hike and we went down to Big Sur last year and ate at the Big Sur Smokehouse. It was so good! Definitely good fuel for the hike.

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Nice avatar pic!

I gits to see/study a goodly number of grotesques, at work, fairly frequently...be happy to provide pics...

Comment

• RhodeHog
                RhodeHog commented
                Editing a comment
                I see some as well...but they're human 😁 That is one of those "just for grins" pictures from Epcot that has taken a life of its own as my profile pic.

Welcome to the Pit from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome from L.A. 😁

Comment

• RhodeHog
                      RhodeHog commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks! We stay in Perdido Beach where my wife’s family has a place on the bay. Tough life there!

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Ok, in my infinite dumbness, what is Conecuh sausage? Looks like yer equipped with some fine cookin gear. This oughta be fun! Welcome & eat good!

Comment

• RhodeHog
                        RhodeHog commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Conecuh County, Alabama makes some really good sausage. Available in a lot of places in the Southeast. Perfect on the grill.

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here