Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Sweden!❤️

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Sweden!❤️

Hi people!
    So happy i finally found this place.

My name is Holm and i am 39 years old and live in Gothenburg Sweden.
    I am most likely the the most inexperienced one in here because i am still very green when it comes to BBQ.

My BBQ passion came alive when Covid canceled the family-vacation to Italy and forced us to stay home. "What the hell am i supposed to do at home this summer" i thought.
    I suck at cooking so i decided to start with grilling in my backyard. Bought myself a KamadoJoe classic 3.

Smoking meat became a big interest and with that came a passion for BBQ and the entire community with it.
    After a while i joined the whole Instagram thing and posted my pics.
    There the owner of one of Sweden’s biggest BBQ joints saw my BBQ and gave me a job.
    Working there made me realize that a KamadoJoe is not gonna cut it for me anymore.
    It went quite some time before i explained to my wife that i know that it sounds silly, but i don’t feel complete as a person without an offset.
    Luckily she understood and we decided to get one.
    So i did my research and went with a stickburner from Hanks True BBQ.

Having the time of my life on this BBQ journey and learning every day.

Looking forward to learn from you all and make new friends.❤️

Attached Files

Welcome from Maryland. Henrik is a great fellow to be associated with!

Comment

Can't go wrong with Hanks True BBQ! Welcome from North Carolina!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Hank, (Henrik here), is a member and a great guy. And he knows what he's doing...

Comment

Welcome from update NY! It sounds like you have really thrown yourself into the fire so to speak . I agree with the other. Hank (Henrik) is a great guy. His pits look top notch! I look forward to following your BBQ/Grilling journey

Comment

Howdy from Texas Holm! Looks like you’re gonna do just fine on your BBQ journey. Not many newbies start with a Kamado Joe and then go straight to a stick burner. Pretty impressive. And you got herself a darn good smoker too, Hank builds some great stuff. A lot of us here in The States would buy one of them if offered. Thanks for joining our merry little band of pranksters. You’ll have fun here.
            Last edited by Panhead John; November 30, 2021, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Henrik
              Henrik commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks PJ! "...our merry little band of pranksters", that's a pretty darn accurate description of this bunch :-)

Welcome from Colorado, Holm ... you made a great stick burner choice!

Comment

Hello from NW Oregon, USA.
              I started BBQ as a hobby about 4 years ago. This is the place.
              Live long and BBQ.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas, USA! I was going to suggest getting in touch with @Henrick, but it appears you already have one of his cookers.

Comment

• Henrik
                    Henrik commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yup!

I like that ur not one just to sit around unless ur smokin a brisket,,,,
                  Hangin with Hank is a must,,,the man rules
                  Lots of things to learn and to do,,,,,
                  welcome to the journey

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.
                    Man you have jumped in the deep end from the start!

Comment

• Henrik
                      Henrik commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The only way to get fully immersed, then slightly confused, and finally coming out a lot smarter at the other end :-)

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina.

Comment

No experience required here, just a CAMERA! Pit-foul if ya don’t post pics! Welcome!

Comment

• Henrik
                        Henrik commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yessir, there is but one rule! Shoot! And share!

Welcome from the Gulf Coast of Florida. You really went all in by going from a Kamado Joe to a stick burner. Can't wait to see pictures of your cooks.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here