Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tampa Bay Native Cooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tampa Bay Native Cooker

Hey Hey Hey from Tampa Bay! I was born and raised here in the area....I am in my 40's now. I spent 17 years in restaurants cooking and kitchen manager...fast casual, casual, and fine dining. I just moved to a different house and could not bring my freaking smoker because it was too heavy. UGH. I love cooking and cooking outdoors....right now it's sadly a regular gas grill, but my girlfriend wanted a fire pit and it came with a cooking grate....anyone use these? I want to throw on some meat when the fire turns to embers. Not sure what wood they have around here. Is it safe to use enviro premium flame firewood from a grocery just for kicks? Says its a combo of oak,maple, and poplar...and other hardwoods. Its Kiln dried. Skurred lol. ,Don't want to get sick! I used to smoke boston butts, whole chix, and ribs . Good to be here. I like the site and the info! I also fish and have eaten almost everything edible from the Gulf of Mexico....mostly inshore species. And GO BUCS!

Welcome from a little bit south of you.

Comment

• Timsly11
      Timsly11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice area!

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Hello from NW Oregon,
      Florida, I am thinking feral hogs on the grill.

Comment

• Timsly11
        Timsly11 commented
        Editing a comment
        To the north there are plenty of them rooting up yards lol

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        I have harvested two hogs, One in the east, one in N. California. Both tasted great.
        Not much pork belly for bacon.

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from California!

Comment

Welcome from Washington

Comment

Welcome from NJ!

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us!

Comment

Is the smoker abandonment permanent? There are adaptations you can do with yer gasser & there is plenty of stuff to do with that fire pit, oh yeah. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

• Timsly11
                      Timsly11 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Smoker is gone unfortunately.Wood chips for the gas grill? Straight wood no charcoal for the fire pit? THANKS!!!!!!

Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts. P.S. we don't miss Brady up here.

Comment

• Timsly11
                      Timsly11 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks! And you miss the GOAT and you know it !!!!

Welcome from MD- I have a fire pit with a cooking grate. What I love about it is cooking breakfast on it after a night of 'solving the world's problems'.

Comment

• Timsly11
                      Timsly11 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      charcoal or wood heat?

• DTro
                      DTro commented
                      Editing a comment
                      In the fire pit it's always wood. Cooking on it has mostly been an after thought, not anything planned out. You know, you wake up hungry and in need of a greasy breakfast to cure the night's sins, stir the embers, add some wood, and drop a cast iron on the grate.

Hello from Merritt Island. Sadly, we've run out of natives to cook over on the Space Coast.

Comment

• Timsly11
                      Timsly11 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lol....I hear ya!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here