Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Thanksgiving from Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Thanksgiving from Alaska

I've been a member here for a little while, but just getting around to actually introducing myself.

I live and work (and grill) in Seward, Alaska. Doting on the grill with a libation in hand for an afternoon is one of life's greatest pleasures. I've always enjoyed cooking but noticed a substantial increase in the quality of my grilling after discovering this site. I use a Weber kettle with a Slow-n-Sear for my grilling. My favorite thing to grill on that is a leg of lamb (made one today for Thanksgiving - nailed it!). I also like to grill salmon and wild game when I have it. Oh, and I have a chicken recipe from my father-in-law that everyone keeps asking for. So we do that one a lot for get togethers. I smoke a fair amount of salmon in a propane powered smoker of some kind - can't remember the name but I got it for free from a neighbor. To be honest I don't think it's anything special, but it was cheap and I haven't gotten around to upgrading it. It's got a good amount of room to smoke several fish at time, so that's nice. It does the job if you know how to work it. One day I hope to build my own smoke house in the back yard. But I got young kids and not enough time right now.

Got a lot to learn. Looking forward to continuing to improve with what this site has to offer and pleasing my family and friends with the results.

Cheers Everyone!

Welcome to the Pit from the Gulf Coast of Florida. I look forward to reading more about your cooks. Oh and feel free to share that killer grilled chicken recipe with us.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome! As you may know, we love pictures! Pictures of your meals, cookers, dog, cat, fish........

Comment

Welcome from White Stone, Va...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C8D0F0B9-4A28-424B-821E-76118E912599.gif
Views:	173
Size:	667.2 KB
ID:	1132625

Killer grilled chicken recipes go here!

For any and all chicken/turkey/duck recipes. <b>For goose and other hunted waterfowl recipes, please use the <i>Wild Game Recipes</i> sub-channel.</b>

Comment

Welcome from Colorado … sadly, it’s been more than a few years since I could still say "from Alaska" …

Comment

Welcome from the Land of Enchantment!

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Was once (C.'88) stationed on NAS Adak, AK.

Fun Times!

Comment

• Viburnum
                        Viburnum commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh man, Adak is out there. Thank you for your service. Especially out there.

Welcome to Pit from Dallas, Texas! I am jealous of you access to good salmon.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Washington. I’ve had a Weber kettle for a while and don’t use it much, but I just got a SnS today. Looking forward to learning how to use it

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here