Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Thanksgiving from Alaska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    Welcome to Pit from Dallas, Texas! I am jealous of you access to good salmon.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Was once (C.'88) stationed on NAS Adak, AK.

Fun Times!

Leave a comment:

• RichieB
    replied
    Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Leave a comment:

• barelfly
    replied
    Welcome from the Land of Enchantment!

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Welcome from Colorado … sadly, it’s been more than a few years since I could still say "from Alaska" …

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	C8D0F0B9-4A28-424B-821E-76118E912599.gif
Views:	184
Size:	667.2 KB
ID:	1132625

Killer grilled chicken recipes go here!

For any and all chicken/turkey/duck recipes. <b>For goose and other hunted waterfowl recipes, please use the <i>Wild Game Recipes</i> sub-channel.</b>

Leave a comment:

• clb239
    replied
    Welcome from White Stone, Va...

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Welcome! As you may know, we love pictures! Pictures of your meals, cookers, dog, cat, fish........

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit.

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied
    Welcome from Minnesota.

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Welcome from Virginia!

Leave a comment:

• Draznnl
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit from the Gulf Coast of Florida. I look forward to reading more about your cooks. Oh and feel free to share that killer grilled chicken recipe with us.

Leave a comment:

• Viburnum
    started a topic Happy Thanksgiving from Alaska

Happy Thanksgiving from Alaska

I've been a member here for a little while, but just getting around to actually introducing myself.

I live and work (and grill) in Seward, Alaska. Doting on the grill with a libation in hand for an afternoon is one of life's greatest pleasures. I've always enjoyed cooking but noticed a substantial increase in the quality of my grilling after discovering this site. I use a Weber kettle with a Slow-n-Sear for my grilling. My favorite thing to grill on that is a leg of lamb (made one today for Thanksgiving - nailed it!). I also like to grill salmon and wild game when I have it. Oh, and I have a chicken recipe from my father-in-law that everyone keeps asking for. So we do that one a lot for get togethers. I smoke a fair amount of salmon in a propane powered smoker of some kind - can't remember the name but I got it for free from a neighbor. To be honest I don't think it's anything special, but it was cheap and I haven't gotten around to upgrading it. It's got a good amount of room to smoke several fish at time, so that's nice. It does the job if you know how to work it. One day I hope to build my own smoke house in the back yard. But I got young kids and not enough time right now.

Got a lot to learn. Looking forward to continuing to improve with what this site has to offer and pleasing my family and friends with the results.

Cheers Everyone!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here