Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idaho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idaho

Hi folks,
    My husband and I are third generation cattle ranchers here. We raise Hereford/Black Angus cross cattle. While I know quite a bit about beef, I know nothing about grilling. After browsing around, decided this was the best place to learn. Max and Jerod have been lots of help so far.
    I have a Weber Q 2200 for portability and to learn on. Even though it is a small, direct heat only unit, I'm hoping to learn what I can and CAN'T cook on it And what accessories help. Love reading all your tips and tricks, recipes etc. This is gonna be fun.

Happy Grillin'

Hey Idaho, good to have you here!

Comment

Welcome lg! Great job on setting up your signature. Advice tip #1 to improve your grilling- get a good digital thermometer. Once you learn the meat temps and achieve them with fair precision, your grilling sessions will improve exponentially! There are many tricks to use a direct heat grill to produce some good Q. The 2200 is smaller which makes it tougher of course, but even so you can make great things happen with some ingenuity.

Comment

Thx Henrik for the nice welcome! And thx AAron for the tip...plan to do just that and get some grill grates also. Max suggested them. It will be great fun trying different things.

Comment

Indeed it will! We look forward to any help we can provide. What's more fun than good food?

Comment

Hello LG WELCOME!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit LG! Great to see you've gotten started on your Signature. Like Huskee said, you do need to get a digital thermometer ASAP, and you can add that to your Signature as well.

We'd like to know more about you. Head over to the General Discussion channel and dive into the mix... Post your latest cook in the Recipes and Techniques channel(with pics!).... Tell us about your latest restaurant BBQ experience.... make yourself at home!

Comment

Hey LG, nice to have you here!

I am a fellow spud... I live in Boise.

Comment

I'm from Idaho as well. 5th generation Upper Snake & Teton Rivers.
                  Go Diggers!
                  I had to move to Oregon. $$$... the 80's were tough.

I still go cast a fly line on the Henry's and South Forks sometimes.
                  But this year will be Black tail w black powder in Oregon & the Mariners in Seattle.

Life is great, so is Oregon but ...I'll always be ''Spud''
                  Take care of the ''Gem State''.

Go Bengals! Go Ducks!

Go M's!

Comment

Another voice from Idaho here...I'm in Eagle. I've always been fond of my Weber kettle, and for years, while in northern Illinois, did turkey at Thanksgiving over Kingsford coals, no matter the weather. Have gone through several gas grills over the years...you know, for convenience. Well, earlier this year, I finally pulled the trigger on a Louisiana Grills 570 pellet smoker, with attached cold smoke box. Amazingribs.com was instrumental in my early learning. Such fantastic tips and comments! I now make my own corned beef and pastrami, and have made some fabulous ribs, jerk chicken, and brisket. Smoking a couple pork butts tomorrow. I'm so pleased with Amazingribs.com, I can't put it into words. I have recommended this site to many friends! Cheers, all!

Comment

Welcome......"These must be Idaho potatoes" Richard Pryor....

Other than needing some Charolais blood.....glad to have ya!!

Comment

welcome from sunny California, are they CBA, do you butcher you own beef always looking for a good source for beef. grill grates and a good thermometer, the two best tools to have when grilling. And don't forget to turn them over makes a great griddle for shrimp, vegies anything small ~~ (so they don't fall through the grates) and works well for a skirt steak do I here fajitas any one.
                        Last edited by Papa Bob; August 23, 2014, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here