Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello From Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From Florida

I have been lurking here for about 6 months, so I feel I should introduce myself. Like so many people I thought I knew how to grill and smoke, but last February I took a week long barbecue class in South Carolina taught by J.T. Handy. What an eye opener that was. Shortly thereafter I discovered this web site and now both eyes are wide open. My grilling and smoking techniques have changed completely, and the resulting products are just wonderful. Thanks to what I learned here, I now have an 18" WSM and a Weber Performer equipped with a Slow N Sear (as well as Weber Q 2000 that is kept in my travel trailer). I would love to have a Weber Genesis, but the WSM and Performer work so well that it is difficult to justify adding another grill to my collection.

I cook a lot of pork, poultry, hamburgers, and seafood, but I'm not particularly fond of steaks or brisket. Thanks to this web site I now make extensive use of a Thermopen and a Maverick ET-733, so I no longer have to guess about the grill temperature or when the meat is done. My next project is to educate my son in law on how to properly use his grills -- an older Weber Spirit and an 18" Weber kettle.
    Last edited by Courtneych; September 28, 2015, 08:10 AM.

Welcome Aboard Courtneych

Comment

Courtneych, Welcome to the Pit! I have been Grilling for nearly 50 Years and Learn Something Everytime I open this A.R. Site. Ruins that Myth about Old Dogs and New Tricks? Dan

Comment

WELCOME!

Comment

Welcome to the PIT!!!!

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the support.

Wish I could do more seafood. Never get tired of shrimp.

Comment

Welcome!!

Comment

Where at in FL? I'm down on the Treasure Coast.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Courtneych! How are you liking that SnS? Great to have you here.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here