Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Northern Saskatchewan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Northern Saskatchewan

Hello everyone, Bradie here from Northern Saskatchewan. When I mean north, I mean about 250 km's from the Northwest territories, needless to say, I'm up in the sticks. I found the website this spring when looking for better ways to use my Bradley 4 rack electric smoker. I was never really satisfied with the food I was putting on the table with it, never had that true smokey taste. Wow, what a eye opener finding this site! I immediatley sold my Bradley after reading the reviews for it and went, bought a Weber Performed Platinum and The Smokenator to start. It's turning out great!

I'll just add a couple pictures a batch of smoked Walleye and a smoked Turkey I did for a co-worker's going away party. Never would have turned out as well as they did if I didn't find this site. The co-workers are still asking when I'm making it again.

Great to be here, and Happy Grilling Everyone!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1551.JPG
Views:	139
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	11224 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1553.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	11223
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fullbackhero22; August 19, 2014, 12:27 AM.

Welcome to The Pit Bradie! When you have a moment, check out my Welcome letter and tips topics, which will help you complete your signature (Tip#1). They're here and here.

I think you may be our most northern member. This gets you double bonus points. That's some good looking Que!

Comment

Done and done. I'm smoking some Fatty Lake Trout tomorrow and my first attempt at ribs on the Weber the day after. Hopefully turns out as well as these. Will post pics when done.

Comment

Hey there FBH! Welcome. If you don't mind. How do you treat those eyes before the smoke?

Comment

• fullbackhero22
          fullbackhero22 commented
          Editing a comment
          I've never done salmon, I always found the store bought not to be as good as fresh caught. I usually try to catch all the fish I smoke.

• Jon Solberg
          Jon Solberg commented
          Editing a comment
          Makes sense as far as eyes go. I'll be testing this soon

Thank you

• fullbackhero22
          fullbackhero22 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck Jon, let me know how it turns out. If you have any questions, feel free to message me.

Welcome Bradie! How are those northern lights up there?

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron 'Huskee' Lyons View Post
          Welcome Bradie! How are those northern lights up there?
          They are awesome up here. Here's a pic a friend took of them this winter.

Name:	mar17a.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	11407
          Attached Files
          Last edited by fullbackhero22; August 19, 2014, 04:36 PM. Reason: Just to clarify, this wasn't taken when I am, this was taken about 2 hours South of me. I don't have a good enough camera to take this shot.

Comment

Big Bucks Big Bucks Big Bucks.....welcome and feel free to post any and all deer pictures!!

Comment

Welcome Bradie! You will fit right in here I think!

I know your part of the world... my wife and I trying to figure out how we can spend a summer there fishing and enjoying the north country!

Comment

Wow that's beautiful!

Comment

Agreed, beautiful shot! Looks like a Windows wallpaper. We get them here but never that brialliant. I don't know what I'd do if I saw that in the sky! I have lots of memories of seeing them when out smelt dipping at night with my dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
                    Big Bucks Big Bucks Big Bucks.....welcome and feel free to post any and all deer pictures!!
                    No deer up in here, too far north. South where I'm originally from, monster whitetails! Mostly big bull moose and caribou up here. I will be going for some open draw moose this fall. Couple 60+ inch bulls have been spotted not far from town. Can't wait to put a couple moose steaks on the grill.

If you want a big buck picture here you go. This is to give you a little taste on how big some of the Whitetail are around home, here's the buck my dad took back in 92'. Came second in Saskatchewan that year. Don't quote me but I think it score 207 7/8 non typical, and I can't remember what it scored typical, but he made it into Boone and Crockett. Click image for larger version

Name:	Dads buck.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	11445
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron 'Huskee' Lyons View Post
                      Agreed, beautiful shot! Looks like a Windows wallpaper. We get them here but never that brialliant. I don't know what I'd do if I saw that in the sky! I have lots of memories of seeing them when out smelt dipping at night with my dad.
                      It's gorgeous country up here. My buddy has a better picture than that with the lights right over town. But here is a picture of the lake about a 30 second walk from my house. It's definitely god's country up here.

Name:	IMG_1495.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	11467 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1158.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	11464
                      Attached Files

Comment

That's beautiful. What's the temperatures like up there in winter?

Comment

Ever see a sighting of Les Stroud? He's my boy.

Comment

Last winter was a cold mother. Got down to -40 C for weeks at a time. We probably had around 7 feet of snow on the ground at one time. We had a little problem with a couple wolves coming into town to scavenge for food, having trouble pulling down caribou in the deep snow.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here