Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Smoker from North Carolina, voted one of the two best Carolinas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from upstate NY! Looking forward to hearing how your turkey cook goes for starters.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Turkey cooked on anything outdoors is a great treat!
          Last edited by HawkerXP; October 29, 2021, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Welcome from north Texas. You’ll have fun on the Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Washington state. Voted one of the 2 best Washingtons

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us!

Comment

Welcome from Georgia!

Comment

Welcome from Monroe

Comment

Welcome from SW Washington state. I love my 22” WSM! You’ll learn a lot here.

Comment

Welcome from Lake Norman!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Raleigh!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Alabama! Glad to have you onboard. I smoked my first turkey back in the early 90's on a cheap bullet smoker, and I've been smoking ever since, mostly on an offset, or in a Weber Kettle and now a kamado.

You'll have to let us know large a turkey you can squeeze into that 18" WSM. I'm guessing a 14-15 pounder will fit, but would be kind of leary of trying to cram a 20 pounder onto an 18" grate.

BTW I just did a little Googling, and folks say you can fit a 12 to 15 pound turkey in the 18" WSM, one on each grate, for a total of two turkeys at once.

I will advise that you practice getting the temp on the WSM up to 325 to 350 degrees, as you want those temps for doing poultry, and not low and slow temps like you would use for pork or beef.
                            Last edited by jfmorris; October 29, 2021, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• jsaniga
                              jsaniga commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Much appreciated!

Welcome from one of the three best Californias!

Comment

Welcome to The Pitmaster Club! Thank you for your support.

I would add a little bit of water to the water pan so the juices that do catch in the pan do not burn. Then you can evaporate the water out after the cook is done. (transfer to a pan or pot and boil it off on the stove) Do not fill the water pan up because that will just be more water to evaporate at the end. Jsut enough to keep the juices from burning.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here