Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings all from Lubbock Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings all from Lubbock Texas

I'm Ricky and sadly I only recently signed up for the Pitmasters club. I have been browsing amazing ribs now for a while and LOVE everything I've seen. I must say though, the Pitmasters club opens a entirely new world of tips, tricks, advice, humor, sadness (just read a new members post and he tells about his BGE tipping over and cracking before even doing a brisket on it, a tear came to my eyes) and everything else related to good Q. I look forward to learning as mush as possible about the art of BBQ from everyone and will offer what I can to the conversation. Let the journey begin!!

Lubbock Texas? Isn't that like the heart of all things BBQ? Got any good brisket recipes? Welcome aboard by the way!

Comment

• risawyer
      risawyer commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish ribeyeguy. We have several BBQ chain restaurants (if you like a pretty good pot roast I can recommend one or two ) and a new place that's pretty good. I'm up in the panhandle part (West Texas they call it). Was in the Austin area this weekend and THAT is a BBQ'ers haven.

Welcome to the Pit!!

Comment

Welcome Aboard Ricky

Comment

Welcome to the club!!! Somewhere Tim McGraw is singing that song.

Comment

welcome Lubbock and enjoy you will not be disappointed

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, You are going to have a ball! Dan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit risawyer ...

There's lots to learn and digest on the public side but the Pit is where you can get lots of help on things you're not sure about. It's probably the best $25 investment you've ever made in your BBQ journey.👍

Comment

• risawyer
                risawyer commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Breadhead & I agree 100%. I'm looking at the PBC's and have read the entire thread dedicated to these smokers. Great insight from tons of actual users, can't beat that value. Plus I've watched Tuffy Stone and Candy Sue's (also considering a pellet) videos and those are outstanding!!! Next up, Chris Lilly and Dr Blonder!!

Welcome -- We were just in Lubbock and really enjoyed the Buddy Holly museum. Weren't there long enough to try out any local BBQ though -- David

Comment

• risawyer
                risawyer commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks David. They have live music in the summer time at the Buddy Holly center. Really fun to go to. As for sampling the local BBQ, we are somewhat lacking in that area. Mostly chain's so . . . well, you know.

Welcome to the Pit risawyer. Great to see another Texas in the Club! I am the new member who Humpty Dumptied his BGE. Oh well, life goes on. I'm excited to learn how to master 'Q on my new Pit Barrel Cooker with the help of all my new friends here in the Pitmaster Club!

Comment

• risawyer
                risawyer commented
                Editing a comment
                My condolences on your recent loss!!

Let me know how the PBC works for you, I am REALLY liking what I see on that unit!!

Welcome to The Pit risawyer/Ricky! Great intro post, and great job on your signature. You seem like you're not so much of a beginner in the BBQ world!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• risawyer
                risawyer commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Huskee!! Great to be a member!! Already recommending the club to my friends!

I have been dabbling in Q for years but only recently started trying to get consistent predictable results. Using Meatheads cooking log a thermo pen have greatly improved my results. Being from west Texas, it's hard for me to admit (hurts my Q ego), but my butts and ribs are better than my brisket (they may kick me out of Texas for admitting that openly). Next cook will be with a butcher paper wrap instead of foil (that seems like a touchy topic but I just gotta see for myself.

Anyway, I LOVE practicing and look forward to all the club offers!! I will definitely add the site to my safe list. DO NOT want to miss that email!!!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here