Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the Club

Just wanted to say "Howdy" and thank you to all of the contributors to this awesome website! I have already learned a lot from reading the posts. I decided to join after buying two recommended products (Pit Barrel Cooker and Maverick ET-732) in as many days after finding AmazingRibs.com. I live in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area and have been grilling and smoking for about ten years. I have done a lot of steaks, chops, ribs and chickens. I always wanted to smoke a brisket but killed my Big Green Egg (tipped over and cracked - damn those small wheels!) before I got the chance. I am now excited to try one on the Pit Barrel Cooker. I love all of the input on the PBC sub-forum. I will do my best to be active, post pictures and help other newbies as they join the community.

Welcome Aboard BigBear

Nice you did your profile too... thanks!

Comment

Oh my... A BGE goes down! What a cryin shame. Might be a good time to see if it's covered in your home owners insurance policy. Keep all of the unbroken ceramic parts. You might be able to rebuild it by buying a few parts.

Comment

Unfortunately the Egg went down a couple of years ago. I held on to the cracked dome until we moved and to make matters worse, the thing rolled off of the mover's dolly and down the hill to the street. Just left her on the curb. I still get a little teary eyed thinking about it. Never really thought about turning it in on my insurance policy. Hopefully I can get proficient on the PBC and start building good smoking memories again!

Comment

BigBear, Welcome to the Pit! Sorry for your loss, Better Days Now That You Are Here, Dan

Comment

PBC and Maverick ET-732, can't beat that with a rubber stick!!!

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. Sorry to hear about Humpy Dumpty. If your looking for a replacement consider the Broil King Keg. I've got one and I love it. Made of insulated steel, if it tips over it won't crack and it hooks into your trailer hitch for those mobile cooks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown.jpeg
Views:	113
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	111583

Comment

welcome to the pit my friend and enjoy

Comment

Welcome to The Pit BigBear! Sorry to hear about your Egg. I like your choice in wine!

Since this is one of your first posts, please check out our homework assignment post for new members if you haven't already- it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here