Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carson Russell in the house! The smoke house that is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carson Russell in the house! The smoke house that is...

Hey everyone! I'm new at smoking but not new in the culinary world. I've spent 5 years as a kitchen operations manager for a steakhouse and we were the terrorists.... meaning we boiled the baby backs! Gross! Lets just make soup instead? I have two close freinds who have chef's degrees, and we hang out a lot. I can cook. My favorite thing about this site is the casual, awesome laid-back approach to a true art form. So far I love what I have read, and can't wait to see what else comes about here! Thanks to all the administrators and members who share their tales!

**EDIT**
    I watch "Man Fire Food" on food network. It's cool but not as scientific as the real deal- Amazing Ribs!
    Last edited by snuzerbluze; September 29, 2015, 03:08 AM.

Welcome and thanks for the support.......and the brutal honesty.

Comment

• snuzerbluze
      snuzerbluze commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Jerod! I should add that brutal honesty may come naturally to me, not always to my benifit! Somehow I still survive...
      Last edited by snuzerbluze; September 29, 2015, 03:00 AM.

Welcome Aboard Carson

Comment

• snuzerbluze
      snuzerbluze commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

smarkley, let me know what articles and recipes you like most on this site. I'm all about trying out new stuff!
      Last edited by snuzerbluze; September 29, 2015, 03:01 AM.

snuzerbluze, Wecome to the Pit! Dan
    Last edited by Danjohnston949; September 18, 2015, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• snuzerbluze
      snuzerbluze commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for the welcome, Dan! So far you all have been super cool and inviting! I'm gonna go work on some recipes to share. Well, not tonight... but soooooon! Thanks bud!

Welcome to the Pit Carson... Nice that you're in rehab. Boiling ribs is a sin! Once you've made the Last Meal ribs 3 times your sins will be forgiven.😎

Comment

• snuzerbluze
      snuzerbluze commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha! Nice, I've always wondered how that Last Meal Rib would turn out. I need to upgrade my equipment first. Pitboss hooked me up with hella info. I got this, barring any unforseen disasters!

Looking forward to hearing from you. A big welcome from Minnesota!!

Comment

• snuzerbluze
      snuzerbluze commented
      Editing a comment
      Sup Spin! My grandfather used to own a farm in Minnesota. I miss that guy. Taught me how to fish, yet I still can't catch one. I MIGHT be able to smoke one if I read the recipies right! Thanks for your welcome bud!

Welcome, we get quite a few recipes that are not from the BBQ; breads, sides, desserts, it would be great to see what you have there as well.

Comment

• snuzerbluze
      snuzerbluze commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you John! I like to add sides, veggies and garnishes to whatever I cook. Hahah I don't always commit to it all if its just a quick meal, but sometimes. I'm not big on dessert either. I have an awesome creamy mashed Yukon Gold potato side I made at a local steak house. I like grilled asparagus- I find most ppl do! I can do an interesting cornbread pudding. Hell- it's all coming back to me!

Welcome @snuzerbluze. We're glad you're here! Glad you got past that rib boiling time in your life. Blech. Just think, many folks never do.

Comment

• snuzerbluze
      snuzerbluze commented
      Editing a comment
      Hahaha Yep! So... What if the place I manage right now has a gigantic rotisserie? We use applewood logs, with charcoal. They smoke the ribs for a few hours in that thing, the pull em and put them in hotel pans, add water and "steam" them. (I assume for tenderization)

Is that not the same as boiling?? Keep in mind, we are a busy restaurant and have to supply the masses. Also, There are no changes to the menu I can bring about because
      we are fairly corporate.

I'll take a few pics for ya to check out their set up. I'm front of the house there, so I don't get involved so much with the prep.

YEAHHH I'm stoked!
      Last edited by snuzerbluze; September 29, 2015, 03:06 AM.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Steaming at the end isn't so bad. We make pastrami that way! http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/..._pastrami.html

Welcome to The Pit snuzerbluze! You've reinforced to me why I don't order ribs in 'fine' restaurants anymore. Glad to have you here.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Thanks Huskee! I'm diggin' the site so far and learning a lot! Next: Smoked Salmon. I just read Meathead's write up about it. Cant wait for Thursday, my day off. Gonna make a brine, get some brown sugar and paper, well you know the rest... Aslo working on a more vertical smoking device.

Comment

Welcome to the pit SB!

Comment

• snuzerbluze
          snuzerbluze commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Sir! Diggin' the fun!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here