Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noob Checking In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate
    replied
    Welcome from Indiana.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    I know there are a few members here who have one model of The Good One or another, I just can't remember who. Hopefully they'll catch this and chime in. Congrats on your new cooker!

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    Welcome NOVABONZ and congrats on the new Good-One!

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Welcome NOVABONZ

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit!

Leave a comment:

• Shane Rakow
    replied
    Welcome to the group from Nebraska!

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit! Former USAF here ...

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Welcome! from another NOVA cooker.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Welcome Aboard, NOVABONZ !!! Dang glad yer here!
    Thank you for your service!

"Semper Fi, Teufelshund!"!!!
    >Ol' Air Det Seabee<

Leave a comment:

• Bob Benhardt
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit and thanks for your service! Check out HBT Smokers via Google and Facebook.

Leave a comment:

• NOVABONZ
    replied
    I finally pulled the trigger on purchasing a new grill. I bought the Good-One Open Range from FireCraft. I would definitely recommend them for their great service and thoughtful advice.They even threw in a bag of lump charcoal so I could get it properly seasoned before the first smoke. Iam doing a pork butt tomorrow using the tested recipe.
    Has anyone ever tried a low temperature smoke on the Good-One? I was thinking of doing some smoked fish when it gets colder.

​

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Belated welcome to The Pit NOVABONZ! Nice intro post, glad you're with us.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Leave a comment:

• NOVABONZ
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, LA. I'll definitely look into it.

• Breadhead
    commented on 's reply
    LA Pork Butt ...

I just did a 16 hour brisket cook on my large BGE. I started the fire and installed my DigiQ Dx2 and set it to cook at 225°. I put the brisket on and went to bed.

I woke up 8 hours later and the BGE was chugging along at exactly 225°. I went and had breakfast with some friends and did some errands and when I got home it was at exactly 225°.

The larger BGE and the DigiQ Dx2 combination is a blessing from the BBQ gods!

• Max Good
    commented on 's reply
    The Good-One makes some really terrific combo grill/smokers. They say a rotisserie may be used with their cookers, but it's not necessary because the heat is already evenly distributed and it will cit your capacity in half. TGO says, "We feel it's unnecessary. We worked hard on the design to make sure heat was even, efficient and easy to use. There are no outside dependencies aka electricity or motors that eventually will fail due to external forces of heat & grease."
    Last edited by Max Good; September 18, 2015, 09:51 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here