Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GrandPa Rooster's BBQ Porch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Parrish
    replied
    Welcome Gpa-Rooster. We're glad you're here.

Leave a comment:

• Gpa-Rooster
    commented on 's reply
    I am getting used to the SnS. Grilled a great steak Thursday, reverse sear. Today we smoke chicken breast and boneless pork chops. It is easier than building my usual aluminum foil walls, and a little easier to control the temp. I like the water holding reservoir. Also just received my Thermopen this week. I like how fast this ones reads a temp. I have been looking at this for a couple of months, after reading the reviews here I decided to get it and the lollipop. Looking forward to more recipes, have not tried the MMD yet. Many time just use Kosher Salt about 2-3 hours ahead of grill time then pepper before putting on grill.

• Huskee
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit Gpa-Rooster! Thanks for joining up with us. How are you liking your SnS??

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Yo PitG

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit Gpa.😎

"Grillin, smoking and enjoying friends/family on the porch." That's living the good life my friend.

Tell your Son I say thank you for his service to our country our freedom and our safety.

Leave a comment:

• Danjohnston949
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit, Gramps, I enjoyed your Cold WX Story! I have both Grilled and Smoked on Days that would freeze the Accesories Off a Well Diigger's A--! Dan, Fargo ND
    Last edited by Danjohnston949; September 16, 2015, 04:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    replied
    Welcome Aboard Gpa-Rooster

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    Welcome, I never got to travel with a grill, that is pretty cool.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Gpa-Rooster We are glad to have you hear. Welcome back to the Heartland!! Pass on our thanks to your son for his service to our country!!!

Leave a comment:

• Gpa-Rooster
    started a topic GrandPa Rooster's BBQ Porch

GrandPa Rooster's BBQ Porch

Hello everyone,

Grillin, smoking and enjoying friends/family on the porch.

Been smoking on a Weber kettle for about 20 yrs. After finding this site I ordered the Slow-n-Sear, this should save me a lot of setup time as I used aluminum foil in a similar fashion with a water pan. Have found many good tips on this site so far, and Meathead is correct about those awesome thermometers that come with the grills. Good for checking ambient air temperature within a +- 40 degrees range.

Back to Iowa about 2 years now after a 3yr trip to Southern Cali. Rough, the apartments out there would not let me have charcoal so I used an electric smoker. Retired it when I got back home.

Last winter's coldest smoking was 2 Boston's when it was 20 degrees below zero, why - just cause we could. No ice needed for the drinks.

My youngest son took his 18" Weber to Iraq with him, many enjoyed meat cooked over a fire. They liked it so much he left the grill for others to enjoy when his deployment was over.

Thanks for the website, have a lot to read and more to learn.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These are some of our favorite tools and toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

A big part of this site is our unbiased equipment and product reviews. We love playing with toys and we have no problem calling them the way we see them. Some companies pay a finder’s fee if a reader clicks a link on AmazingRibs.com and buys a product. It has zero impact on our reviews, zero impact on the price you pay, and the sites never tell us what you bought, but it has a major impact on our ability to keep this site alive! So before you buy, please click our links. Here’s a link that takes you to a page on Amazon that has some of our favorite tools and toys: https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

The Good-One Is A Superb Grill And A Superb Smoker All In One

The Good-One Open Range is dramatically different from a traditional offset smoker, placing the heat source behind and under the smokebox instead of off to the side. Click here to read ourcomplete review.

The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted

Napoleon’s 22″ Pro Cart Charcoal Kettle Grill puts a few spins on the familiar kettle design. In fact, the hinged lid with a handle on the front spins in a rotary motion 180 degrees. It’s hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make the 22″ Pro Cart a viable alternative. Click here for more about what makes this grill special.

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The InfraredZone

GrillGrates amplify heat, prevent flare-ups, make flipping foods easier, kill hotspots, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily moved from one grill to another. Click here for more about what makes these grates so special.

Bring The Heat With Broil King Signet’s Dual Tube Burners

3 burner gas grill

The Broil King Signet 320 is a modestly priced, 3-burner gas grill that packs a lot of value and power under the hood including dual-tube burners that are able to achieve high, searing temps that rival most comparatively priced gas grills. Click here to read our complete review.