Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh Meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh Meat

New to the pit but have burned my share of a herd. Do a really good S. Carolina pulled pork but can't give my wife a rare to med-rare burger. She loves burgers. Will invest in new thermo as advised.
    Dougie Fresh

Welcome to the pit. Love Carolina pulled pork. Yes, that is Meathead's mantra, "invest in a good digital thermometer".

Comment

Welcome Dougie Fresh!

Comment

Welcome, I have converted everybody I know to a smoked burger. I do a sweet wood and smoke low until 10 shy of my temp and then sear like a steak. You would swear there is some apple smoked bacon in every bite. Speaking of which I need to start on my own grind...

Got any rubs/mops/techs to share?

Comment

Welcome Aboard Dougie

Comment

@Dougie Fresh!,Welcome to the Pit, I think you will find if you have a consistent fire (# Coals or Temperature) and a good way to time the cook on each side, usually a little shorter on the 2 nd. Then the other variable is the ambient temperature. Start noting the length of time at various temps and I think your wife will be bringing guests for Your Burgers! Good Luck, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Dougie.

Comment

Hey there!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from the Great State of Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Dougie Fresh! Glad to have you here, thanks for the support. You'll master the elusive burger soon enough.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here