Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Force Bubba, always learning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Force Bubba, always learning

Salutations, new to the Pitmaster Club but have been smoking for a few years now. Active duty Air Force in New Jersey but just moved from Charleston, SC so looking to expand the BBQ hearts and minds of Northerners!

All joking aside, I started smoking with a Masterbuilt electric smoker in Rapid City, SD with fairly good results. Of course, with the support of my wife, I wanted the authentic flavor that woodburners had to offer but still needed the set-it-and-forget-it of digital smokers, so we upgraded to a Traeger Timberline 850. As busy as my job keeps me I don't have a whole lot of time for babysitting smokers but when retirement comes perhaps I'll upgrade to something a little more traditional.

Favorite smokes are brisket, loin back ribs, Boston butts... but we use our Timberline for almost everything that involves heat, steaks, salmon, all the chickens, turkeys, standing rib roasts, pork souvlaki, Pizza... whatever can benefit from a little smoky flavor... as in everything.

After a few years learking on this site and others, learning along the way, forgetting lessons learned, and cooking a few times for my squadrons, I've gotten pretty good feedback these days but I really want to make that transition from good to great.

Here's to that transition and learning all I can with you fine folks!

Welcome from north Texas. But that "all joking aside" won’t work! Have fun on the Pit.

Comment

Welcome from Chico

Comment

Welcome sir, and thank you for your service!

Comment

Everything that requires smoke, which is everything! Cool! Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from a fellow AD AF person. I too prefer the pellet smoker route with our schedule, but look forward to more hands on cookers in the nearish future when I finally punch. Already got my retirement orders though

Comment

Welcome to the pit. (USAF 1970-74)

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL.

Comment

Welcome from California!

Comment

Greetings and welcome from North Carolina.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts .

Comment

Hello from NW Oregon,

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here