Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member from the Great White North

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member from the Great White North

Howdy from Calgary
    Been BBQing (grilling) for over 40 years, and smoking (BBQing) for about 25 (us Canadians have to make it more complicated by using different terms!)
    Just waiting for the delivery of my 1st pellet smoker - a Broil King 500 Pro.
    Always a challenge outdoor cooking in this climate (ask me sometime and I'll tell you about the time, as a teenager, trying to help my old man grill some Cornish game hens over charcoal on New Years Day, at -25C (-13F) - famous last words "They shouldn't take so long, they're just like little chickens!)
    Anyway, been reading and referencing this site on the free plan for years, finally decided to take the plunge and sign up.

I want to hear the Cornish hens story! Also, please post your review of your new smoker when it arrives.

Welcome from Chicagoland!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

Welcome from Iowa. When my daughter was applying for a job in Alaska the HR person looking at her resume said, "OK, you grew up in South Dakota, you won't have any trouble with our weather." For 35 years I've grilled myself T-bones or Ribeyes for my birthday, on Feb. 8. When I was still in South Dakota I had one year when it was -20 F and I sat huddled in my parka in the garage. The town cop stopped to see if the garage was on fire. A year later in the same place I grilled my steaks in a t-shirt. You've come to the right place, there are lots of people who do idiotic things here in the name of grilling/smoking/BBQing, whatever you want to call it, it's all good.

Comment

Hey, did those hens taste like chickens? Yup, you be up there! Cool. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Mississauga the Covid capital of Canada.
            Nothing better than smoking meat in the dead of winter, you go inside and sit in the fridge to warm up then right back outside.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from the Midwest!

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin. Yup. Can get pretty cold here too. But we grill and smoke on!

Comment

Welcome to the pit.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Alabama! Calgary and the nearby Canadian Rockies are a beautiful area, which I once had the pleasure of visiting on business (with the United Farmers of Alberta - a farmer's co-op). I'm looking forward to seeing what you are cooking up there, and can't wait to hear the Cornish hen story!

Your tagline makes me want to go dig up some videos of the McKenzie brothers and watch them...
                      Last edited by jfmorris; September 1, 2021, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Howdy from Houston, Texas and welcome to the pit! I know all about cold weather grilling. My bravery and fortitude is well known among the members here. I once smoked a brisket outside when it was 38* with a wind chill of 36*. All the Pit Members here were in awe of my bad assness.
                          Last edited by Panhead John; September 1, 2021, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• smokin fool
                            smokin fool commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Don’t be modest you smoked in shorts a Hawaiian shirt and bare feet that day too

• Bogy
                            Bogy commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Panhead John I think you misunderstood, we are all in awe of your assbackwardness!

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here