Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeez, who'd a thunk! Smoking is a Science apparently!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to The Pit!

Comment

Dang, how did I missed you? Welcome MylesB

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

I love all these replies! Thank You All Sincerely!

After attempting another Brisket (pretty dang good, not great) I have a general question regarding timing.
          I went crazy and was falling asleep waiting for the "brisket stall" to break. (I started my smoking at 9 am)

What time to people normally start smoking a brisket in order to have it for dinner?

Another observation I made was that I thought it tasted better the next day after refrigeration and much sleep.
          Is that just my imagination? I've always had bad luck reheating meat. This came out really nice. What gives?

I haven't tried any techniques other that sticking the brined and rubbed meat into the gas smoker at about 205 forever. I have a dual temp gauge. It gets to the stall and I try to wait.

Another attempt I never got to 203 F after 16 hours.

I am at 5300 ft in Denver CO. Maybe I should adjust times and temps?

Comment

There is info on calibrating meat therms here. http://amazingribs.com/BBQ_buyers_gu...ing_guide.html
            You should consider buying one of our recommended digital therms for your smoker.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here